eighteen

This was honestly not how I expected to spend my afternoon but after getting a call from Spencer saying that he needed help I changed my plan of watching the new Spider-man movie to making flyers to clean up the park

That just goes to show how much I love my friends.

I was putting in the final touches on my flyer when I saw Chris walk in the room.

He sees Bennett next to me and waves him over to him.

"I'll be back in a second." Bennett says to me before joining Chris on the other side of the room.

I watch Chris tell him something causing Bennett to get in his face. I can't make out what they are saying from over here but I do see Chris push him back a bit and then say something with a stern look on his face. Whatever he said makes Bennett's face go pale.

He slowly turns his head to face me and we lock eyes. Immediately, he turns back to Chris saying one last thing before walking back over to me joining me on the couch.

He sits down next to me as I look back over to where Chris was standing to see him staring at us intensely.

"Is everything okay?" I ask the boy next to me.

"Yeah, he was just talking about the next game."

"It looked really harsh to be just talking about a game." I eye him suspiciously.

I feel him tense up, "You know how Chris can be. He always has to tell you what you're doing wrong."

I don't say anything, I just watch him as I squint my eyes.

"Don't worry about it." He says grabbing my hand. "Everythings okay."

                                       ••••••

"Damn Spence, you got everyone and their mom out here to help clean up." I say grabbing the boys attention.

He turns to look at me shaking his head with a chuckle," You ain't lying. I think I even saw your mom somewhere over there."

I turned my head in the direction he was pointing at and sure enough there was my mom and brother painting over the graffitti on one of the walls.

"I'll catch up with you later alright Spence?" I say to him as I grab a paint roller.

"I'll see you Car."

Walking over to my mom and Jason I call out, "Now how come I didn't even know my own family was gonna be down her?" I tease them pushing Jason's shoulder lightly.

My mom just chuckles "Well you know me, I'm always willing to help out the community that my babies are in."

Before I can say anything I hear a voice call out my name.