Chapter 20- The Empress

Pushed down on my knees, I saw all my stuff laying on the ground, destroyed. The sweets rolled in dirt and my notebooks scattered, hopefully not open in compromising parts.

While my knees were starting to crack in pain, I heard the small footsteps of the Empress coming in my direction.  Only one thought filled my head at that time.

Where the fuck was that troublemaker when I needed him? He was just behind me!

"Grey hair... rat turn your head up so I can see your eyes!" demanded the Empress with annoyance in her voice.

My head was pushed upward by the guard, not giving me space or time to do it myself. It was a fast and painful movement, and I fought it, though without much success as it was a child against a trained guard.

As he pushed my chin up, I could see the Empress, now close by, with an air of pure resentment. Now giving her a long look, I was able to notice how princess Odette resembled her mother so much. It was striking how their washed-out golden eyes, their similar long golden hair and their bitch face all seem to align. Except, well, that the Empress was way scarier... Odette future as a bitch was secured...

The Empress continued to glance at me with those golden and angry eyes, narrowing them as time went on. I was not liked by her either... the surprise... I was about to yell at this child abuse when I saw the chilling smile from the woman. The contempt allied with that smile meant bad things. Very bad...

"What is the meaning of this! Release her, right now guard or you will deal with me!" Said the voice of a troublemaker I so longed to hear.

Cedric pushed a small blade onto the guard neck, his fury noticeable in all his being. The guard continued his grasp on me, but I noticed him tensing up and loosen up his steadiness. It gave me the opportunity to struggle enough to free my chin and let out a bite strong enough for him to fall and get cut a little by Cedric's dagger.

I am a biter... sue me...

Now free from the guard, I rushed to Cedric's side where I would have some kind of support.

The guard was not happy and in a swift move was up again and unsheathing his weapon. A long sword. I and Cedric moved a step away, the prince still with his dagger up.

"Sir Miguel, stop at this instant." Ordered the Empress with a cold voice. The guard huffed but a look at the Empress and he put his sword away, backing some steps away from us as the Empress came closer. I noticed him cleaning some blood out of his neck with his free hand, leaving a smear of blood all over his neck and hand.

"Your highness, Prince Cedric. It's a joy to have you here. Especially when you avoid visiting me with my son every time you get invited." The voice of Empress was now sweet and warm. Maternal almost as she smiled with a sincerity that unnerved me.

I hated her.... she was a two-faced shit! Like her daughter... ugh...

"I have been busy, your majesty." Replied Cedric turning to the Empress, still with his weapon in his hand, though now pointing to the ground. His voice sounded formal, cold even. "Your Majesty, Empress of the Sun. I would like to request you punish your guard for his ill-treatment of my friend and a lady of society, miss Lucreatia Mountnero." His voice raised, as he gave a glance to the guard who stayed put.

At these words, one would expect the guard to shiver in fear or at least show some kind of emotion opposite to a chuckle. Yes, he chucked at the words of a prince, I was not sure if he was an idiot or not, until I saw the Empress's face.

She was not pleased at all with the request, and the cold and vengeful looks she gave me were very much an indication that Cedric's request would be nothing more than it was, a request.