Chapter Twenty-Three

The next day, Luo Xiu took Meng Yang to the Mountain Creek Horse Ranch to practice riding.

The manager of the horse ranch knew that Luo Xiu was coming and that he wanted to select a horse for Meng Yang. As such, he immediately had the trainers lead out the best horses out for him to select.

As Luo Xiu and Meng Yang arrived at the horse ranch, the manager greeted them with respect. Luo Xiu and Meng Yang changed into equestrian clothes and boots, and the manager personally drove the tour bus to take them to choose horses.

It was very sunny, but the blowing breeze made it comfortable. Meng Yang took off his sunglasses and looked around at the large stretch of green grassland and racecourses; even Buddha wouldn't be able to see the end of it.

The horse trainers had been waiting with their horses. When they heard that Luo Xiu was going to choose to buy one of their horses, they were very excited. If one of them could take care of and train Luo Xiu's horses full time, they'd have a very prosperous life for at least the next few years. In other words, they were relying on their horses to live.

"It seems that the equestrian lessons in our school will also be held on this track," Meng Yang said to Luo Xiu.

Luo Xiu nodded.

"Our stables have always been in charge of the equestrian classes at St. James University, with training and teaching happening in block B5," the manager smiled.

Once they arrived at the VIP area, the manager first alighted from the car and helped Meng Yang open the door. Meng Yang and Luo Xiu got out of the car and went over to the rest stand with a sunshade to sit down. The service staff had prepared tea and fruit and stood off to one side, waiting for orders to come at any time. Luo Xiu's bodyguards and assistants stood on the other side.

Soon, several horse trainers came over while riding on their horses. When the horses were all arranged, the manager came to Luo Xiu to say, "President Luo, these horses are not only of good breeding, they are also very beautiful and have good color. Most importantly, their characters are very gentle, so even a beginner can control them well."

"Go and have a look," Luo Xiu said to Meng Yang.

"Okay." Meng Yang nodded and got up to see the horses that had already been arranged and were standing there.

Meng Yang didn't really know what made a horse good, but he knew that all the horses that could be sent to Luo Xiu for selection would be good and expensive. Even if he didn't know much about horses, he thought they were beautiful.

Meng Yang took martial arts lessons in his last life and had practiced them for many years since he was a child. In this life, he wanted to learn skills that he hadn't learned in his last life, so he chose the equestrian lessons that he thought were useless in his last life.

Glancing around, Meng Yang took a fancy to a horse that looked soft and shone golden in the sun, and headed straight for it.

"May I touch it?" Meng Yang asked the trainer.

"Yes," the trainer replied.

Meng Yang stroked the hair on the horse's neck and smiled.

"Do you like this one?" Luo Xiu approached Meng Yang's back and asked.

"It's beautiful." Meng Yang didn't know what kind of horse was good, so he just chose it according to appearance.

"Young Master Meng has a really good eye. There aren't many Golden Snow horses in this world, and our ranch has made great efforts to buy it through an auction abroad. This kind of horse has a gentle character, is light and elegant while running, and is very smart and easy to control. It's very suitable for beginners to learn equestrian skills."