13

Later that night, we all decided to sit around the fire pit. I'm fully exhausted from a full day in the sun and it's kind of sad we have to leave tomorrow. I didn't realize I needed to get out of the house and have break from school until now. It's refreshing, but also makes me dread tomorrow's homecoming.

I'm walking out onto the patio after being on FaceTime with Kai and Hannah. They both have been harassing me for info about my weekend. But I told them I'd tell them after I got home. I wasn't too keen on the possibility of any of the others hearing me, especially Roman.

Speaking of Roman, when I walk out onto the patio his eyes are in a daze watching the fire. The others are laughing and joking about something I can't figure out. Apparently it's about something Lucas did freshman year? I'm not sure and I'm not curious enough at the moment to find out.

Roman's head turns and sees me. The corner of his mouth tips up and he nods his head for me to come over to him. There's no chairs left. Each couple has taken the opportunity to sit on their significant other's lap.

Roman and I have been teasing each other all day, with things like light brushes of skin or him lifting me in the water to scare me.

Once I walk over to him he tugs my hand and I end up on his lap. My exhaustion and the light sunburn on my cheeks has me welcoming his offer. He pushes my hair behind the ear that is closest to him.

The chill of the night comes in and James goes and gets blankets for us. The girls have whined enough for James to groan and comply to their wishes.

With a sneaky smile on his face, James hands one to Roman. I fight not to roll my eyes but smile nonetheless. Roman lays the blanket over us and despite my non whining about the cold, I am actually freezing. Roman's hand lays on my stomach and applies pressure to bring me closer into his warmth.

The laughter from the group has died down and that's when James pulled out the bottle of Vodka from his shorts.

"James you're the man!" Lucas exclaims and makes us all laugh in response. James moves his hand over Jasmine's head and hands it to Lucas who sits next to him. The bottle is passed around and it lands to Roman and I.

He looks down at me. "You want some?" He asks.

I hesitate. "Uh, I'm not sure." I murmur.

He nods. "It's up to you," he says and tips his head back taking a small amount from the bottle. His face turns sour and he coughs. "That's enough for me tonight."

I don't know what comes over me but I speak before I can think. "Let me try," I say.

He watches me, his eyes tracking my face. "You sure?" He asks.

I nod before I can second guess it. I go to grab the bottle from him but he stops me.

"Let me," he says and puts the bottle to my lips.

I close my eyes as he tips my head back. The strong alcohol taste coats a trail of fire down my throat. I lift my head as he takes the bottle away and open my eyes to see his molten expression. My breath catches. His lips are pursed and the hand that once held the bottle drags a thumb across my bottom lip, wiping the excess alcohol off my lips.

"Jesus," Keegan curses. "Get a room," he chuckles and my head whips to the others.

My cheeks flush but I'm hoping my sunburn shields them from knowing. Roman doesn't say anything but turns his head to give Keegan a look. Keegan just laughs and turns his head to where Bailey has fallen asleep on his shoulder.

Jasmine and Persila are ranting about a new mascara brand that I guess took the place of their old one. James looks about ready to pass out with his head laying back on the chair.

I begin to notice that Roman's hand on my stomach has moved, slowly, but I know it has. The feather like movement of his fingertips on my skin leaves goosebumps in its wake. But this time, it's not from the cold. I feel his warm breath on my ear as his lips trace behind my ear to my neck.

My head falls back onto his shoulder and I close my eyes, hoping the others don't see what he's doing. His fingers move a little quicker now as he pulls up my oversized shirt to reveal just my bikini bottoms.

"We'll go in soon," he whispers. "Promise. Just a second." He murmurs and I try my best to keep my composure.

He moves his index finger over my bottoms and I suck in another silent breath. He smiles against my ear and doesn't stop moving his hand. I decide to lift my head up and look at him. My eyes are half lidded and I can definitely feel the small amount of alcohol in my veins.

I look down at his lips and he takes it into his own hands by crashing his lips onto mine. The surprise isn't unwelcome and we slowly kiss under the night sky.

The others begin to leave the patio for sleep and it ends up just being us out here. We broke away to say goodnight but that didn't stop Roman's hands. I said goodnight through my gritted teeth in order to not reveal myself.

I release Roman's lips and he protests. I chuckle. "Let's go inside," I whisper against his lips. "It's freezing out here." I say.

He nods and lets me get up. I fix my shirt while Roman chuckles at me. "Stop," I whisper to him.

He just laughs. He moves close to me again and whispers in my ear. "You didn't say that a few minutes ago."

I shove him and I brush past him to get inside, Roman now chuckling from behind me.

I reach the door and I stop. I'm not sure why but I do. I just stare at the closed door like it's supposed to open for me.

"Uh?" Roman says. "Door?"

I come out of my weird trance and turn around to him. "Right, yeah sorry."

"What's wrong?" He asks, turning my cheek so I look at him.

I sigh. "Sorry, I've just never..."

Roman nods realizing what I'm getting at. "You never have to do anything you don't want to."

I nod and he kisses me on the lips. He grabs the door knob and opens it. Walking into the room and a wave of full exhaustion falls over me and I remember how tired I am.

I crash onto the bed and onto my stomach. My eyes close and the only thing I remember is feeling warm hands lift me, to put me under the covers, and an arm wraps around my waist when I then fall into a deep sleep.