Chapter 11

Willow's POV

"What do you mean by a 'pack run'?" I ask while aimlessly drawing circles on his massive forearm that was wrapped around my waist. I am just asking whatever question comes to mind first. I know I am missing out on a lot of information but it's not like I was prepared for this conversation, can anyone ever really be prepared to acknowledge and dive into a world that you thought only existed in fantasies?

"A pack run is where the pack either as a whole or just part shifts into their wolf forms and run around the perimeter of the territory. It is typically a celebratory thing but sometimes we do it just for fun."

"Was it a pack run Saturday night?" That would explain all the wolves howling.

"Yes, that was a whole pack run to celebrate Ryder becoming our newest Alpha and Elaine becoming our newest Luna." He tone spoke of his pride in his son and daughter-in-law. Now that I know about mates and they are ones it seems silly to refer to her as his girlfriend.

"That explains all the noise. To be honest it really freaked me out." I shivered slightly remembering how scared I felt.

"I know sweetheart. I wanted to comfort you so badly but I didn't have permission yet to tell you about everything." he told me in a hushed tone while continuing to play with my hair, running his fingers through it, lightly scratching my scalp, and gently pulling on the strands making my thoughts cloudy and my heart rate to pickup. I also noticed that the fear that had started to creep in disappeared with his touch.

"What do you mean you knew I was scared and wanted to comfort me?" I stopped drawing the circles and sat up to look in his eyes.

"Uh, would it freak you out to know last night wasn't the first night that I slept in front of your door?" Before I could answer he rushed on cupping my face with his hands "I was concerned that the pack run might move on to the village streets and I wanted to make sure that you were kept out of harms way. Not that they would actually harm you but I just wanted to make sure."

"That night I dreamed about Tavan. Perhaps you being so close influenced that dream." I mused. A part of me wanted to be mad that he slept outside my room but in all honesty he didn't violate my privacy and he just wanted to keep me safe and that was kind of cute.

"It's a possibility. However, I think that the dream you had was a gift from the Moon Goddess to open your mind to this possibility."

He kissed the tip of my nose, then my chin, then my cheeks and finally my mouth. Just like on the front porch the kiss quickly became heated with tongues exploring and hands roaming. I shifted so that I was once again straddling his hips wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He had one hand on the nape of my neck his other pressing against the small of my back. He slowly leaned forward until I was laying on my back with him above me and my legs still wrapped around his waist. We started grinding against each other as his kisses trailed from my lips along my jaw and down my neck leaving my skin heated where ever his lips touched. He grazed his teeth against my marking spot and I instantly felt my panties soak with my arousal. He whispered in my ear "I can smell that you really like it when I do that." I moan and he growls and goes back to my spot nibbling and sucking on it. I felt his teeth grab hold and I froze.

"Are you marking me?" the idea both terrified me because it felt so permanent but also really excited me because it meant that I would belong to something bigger than just me. I would have a family again even if I was the weakest member of it.