Chapter 14

Here we are! Chapter 14!! I've had some encouraging comments to update sooner and I decided to do just that. Faye gets a a little break from the drama in this chapter but don't worry, everything is about to go down. You'll see after you read the chapter :)

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!!

************************************************************************************

         When I woke up the next day the house was eerily quiet. There was no arguing about food. The smell of food wasn’t even wafting through the air which was strange since Emily was always cooking something, and I mean always. I sat up slowly in bed. Nothing looked off in my room. Seth wasn’t beside me but I knew he had early patrol and wouldn’t be here until close to lunch which if I read the clock right, was about two hours away.

            I strained my ears to hear any sound coming from the house but the whole place was silent. I cautiously made my way down the hall being careful of where I stepped. I didn’t want to cause any extra noise by stepping on the squeaky floorboard. Shifters are usually very rowdy and not very graceful unless in wolf form or if they were trying really hard to be. So it was quite an accomplishment for me to slink down the hallway without as much as a peep. This must be how a ninja feels.

            “Whatcha doing?” I heard from behind me. I screamed and flipped around, ready to go on the attack if I needed to but once I saw who it was I relaxed if only slightly. Alice stood with her arms crossed and a smile starting to crawl onto her face. Vampires, I thought with a mental eye roll. No wonder there was no sound coming from in the house.

            “Alice, right? You know, you could give a girl a warning,” I said placing a hand over my still fast-beating heart. That last time I talked to Alice had been after the rogue vampires had attacked me. She seemed nice enough and even though my wolf was a little apprehensive about being alone with a vampire but Seth trusted the Cullens so I would try as well.

            “Sorry about that. I thought you would smell me but when I heard you coming down the hall and realized you didn’t know, I had to have a little fun,” she said, her smile blooming fully on her face. Of course, she’d love giving me a heart attack. She couldn’t just say a hello?

            “Yeah…fun,” I said and turned to head into the kitchen. No harm in scaring the crap out of a shifter that couldn’t shift. I could hear her footstep behind me but I knew she was following me. In the kitchen, I found a plate of food covered by plastic wrap with a note lying next to it. This is for Faye. If I find out that anyone ate it besides her, it will not be pretty. Love Emily. An eyebrow shot up at the note. It was both threatening and caring which was hard to do, especially for Emily. The plate looked untouched which led me to believe that no one had dared to eat any of it. Emily must have more power than I thought.

            I took the plastic off the plate and leaned against the counter to eat the food. . It would have gone smoother but it’s pretty hard to eat when a vampire is just sitting at the table watching you. “So where is everybody?” I asked after I swallowed a mouth full of food.