Chapter 22

I got into the car and Alice was about to as well, but then her phone rang. I tried to hear what they were saying but it was no hope, I had already closed the door. Alice only talked to them for a minute or two before getting in the drivers seat. 

"Bella is stopping at your house to attempt to trick James and protect charlie" Alice spoke calmly to me. 

"Okay lets go" I said firmly, hoping that would make Alice take me there too

"No y/n, Bella is going....you are not" I failed, Alice seamed apoligetic, I could see from her body language that she did not like this, that she didn't have any say in this choice. I knew it was Bella, nobody else would care about Charlie this much.

"Alice... Why does Bella need to trick James, he left, aren't we safe now?"

"James is a...uhhhh...ummm...James is a tracker" she struggled to say

"good for him, I don't see how he is a connecting rod in the mechanism of some organs, but what does that have anything to do with this"

"Not that kind of tracker, he uhm...he finds joy in the hunt of....his..uhm food. He will track you down and never stop until you...until you die"

"Bella too?" I asked trying to sound calm and like it was a real question even though I knew exactly what she was about to say.

"Bella too." She responded with a nod.

"well we have to do something then. We can't just except defeat, you are a whole family of vampires for gods sake. It only three of them. What are you scared of the big scary vampires?! You all need to stop being little pussies and go save my sister!" my voice slowly got louder. Alice stared at me stunned. I paused for a moment, inhaled, "Okay, I'm sorry, I don't mean to shout, but I am serious, they are outnumbered, I don't understand why you sound so defeated?"

Alice paused for a long moment looking like she wanted to say something but couldn't or couldn't find the words to. Eventually she spoke, "We should go back to Carlisle's, Edward and Bella should be on their way now." I felt back because I had shouted at her, I didn't want to push it anymore, so I just gave a tiny little nod, said nothing and Alice turned the car on.

We pulled onto a main road, behind a frailer truck, Bella's. I was dark, hard to see, I couldn't mostly only see shadows. I could see a person's shadow on the back on Bella's truck? "Uhm..Alice? Who is that?" I asked nodding my head towards the back of her truck. "Oh, Its just Emmet" She said will a weak and fake smile.

We sat the rest of the drive in silence except for the music playing in the car, it started out with Roslyn by Bon Iver and St. Vincent and then passed over to I love you by Billie Eilish. Billie was still playing when we pulled into the garage. We walked into the house just moments before Bella and Edward walked in. Laurent was there. Edward Began to lunge at him. It soon became clear that he came her in peace, at that point I kind of zoned out. I found myself humming Billie's song, I had never heard it before, but I would most certainly be listening to it again.

Apparently I had completely zoned out because I only started paying attention again when I heard Bella, "Y/n? y/n are you okay?" She was grabbing my shoulders. "I don't know" I said emotionlessly. "What happened? Are you scared?" she shook my shoulders a little bit "What the hell I'm supposed to do" I continued. "Y/n you don't have to do anything, it going to be fine"

We walked back out into the garage. I zoned out a bit again. It was raining, I could hear rain and thunder. I went to my happy place.

My dream was to run in the rain in fancy clothes with somebody after getting in trouble in a castle. We would be laughing and crying a little, screaming at the top of our lungs for no reason. On the occasion, they would twirl me and even though my dress was soaking wet it would spin out around me a little.

That was the only thing I had right now, my imagination.

AN: Thank you so much for reading my story, I now have 8,000 reads, what? That is insane. I never thought anyone who enjoy this, I remember crying I was so happy when I got 10, I'm sure you can imagine what its like now, anyways I hope you all like the new chapter, I love when you comment or give feedback, don't hold back!!