What They're Not Telling You About YouTube

We all use YouTube, even if we don't upload our own videos. It's the most dominant video sharing website online right now. It remains popular even though the website has gone through some drastic changes since it was bought out by Google. The format has been repeatedly redesigned, advertisements are now everywhere and, most controversial of all, users are now forced to sign in with a Google+ account, a decision that exposed everyone's true identity for the entire online world to see. Although most users seem to hate the new changes when they first happen they will eventually stomach them due to a lack of satisfying alternatives. So we keep watching YouTube videos in spite of all the times we grumble under our breath.

But what if you were told that most of the users on the site are not real? That a big chunk of what you see going on YouTube is not authentic at all and that some of the most popular users don't even exist? This may sound strange at first, but keep listening. Since Google bought the website, they have proven time and time again that they don't care for their users. They harassed YouTube users until they agreed to sign up for Google+, or eventually just forced them to do it against their will.

They also cater to the needs of big industries, which resulted in them overly commercializing the site. Since Google came along, users have had to deal with constant advertisements on the website and have their videos censored over ridiculous copyright rules, such as having a pop song playing in the background of their videos, or making a short fan film. What most people don't realize is how far Google is willing to go to keep some level of control over the users. To help influence and manipulate the real users, Google secretly created fake users and has them pretending to be real.

Some of the people on the site are real, or at least used to be. This includes the people who signed up before the Google buyout and the users whose channels stand little chance of being noticed (or, at least, becoming a mainstream hit on the site). But those who are popular on the site are all really fake users, even the people who claim to be honest bloggers at home. These also include people that may have their own website or podcast outside of YouTube. Many of them are actors hired by Google, following a script written for them.

Their interaction with each other is all planned and rehearsed. If they have their own popular website or podcast, then it's highly likely that it's secretly being paid for by Google. Some pre-Google buyout bloggers and undiscovered users who show potential of becoming popular are offered a chance to join Google. If they do so, they must follow a script written for them and never upload a video without getting permission first. In exchange, Google will promote them all over online and make their videos easy to find. If they turn down the offer, then Google will make sure their videos will never be seen again. All their videos will be removed under false claims and, eventually, the user will be banned from YouTube.

Believe it or not, that's not even the strange part. Here is where things start getting weird. Some of the fake users you're seeing are actually CG characters. They are computer generated people made by Google, using technology that they have kept for themselves. Google has access to some of the most advanced technology in the world and connection to major special effect industries. They are looking for bloggers who will simply follow orders and are appealing to social media. This can be hard to do, seeing how some people may betray them and leak information. So they started literally creating their own people who will only do what they want and that they can never fear being betrayed by. Their voices are actually from a computer, the room they are sitting in is just a digital background, and the person is just a perfected CG avatar.

It's confirmed that marketing industries have used computers to create unrealistic people before. Most of the models you see in magazines have been digitally altered and exaggerated to the point that they couldn't possibly exist in the real world. Digital voices are known to the public as well. For example, in Japan there have been virtual pop stars whose voices are sung by a computer. The bloggers who are talking to you through a video are simply using a more advanced version of this technology. These bloggers are all products created by Google. Created to be attractive, funny, and appealing to the average user. Their purpose is to attract users to the site, sell them things and sway public opinion. Both the actors and virtual users are meant to keep people online distracted and in the dark without even realizing it.