Chapter 32: The Breakup

(A/N: yeah....it's time.)

Tuesday November 21 2022

It's been 6 months sense I finally listened to Charlie's voicemail and wrote that song. I didn't feel much better, but I continued on with life. Luke and I went on a much needed Vacation, I finished filming my first ever movie, nothing but good things were happening in my life yet I just felt so....shitty. I walked into my apartment, "Luke?" I called out expecting to see him the minute I walked in. I walked back to my bedroom to see Luke sitting on the edge of my bed, looking somber.

"Hey? What are you doing?" I ask walking up to him

"I think we should break up." He says not looking up at me

"What?" My voice starts to shake, "what no, why?" A lump starting to form in my throat.

He stands up cupping my face with his hand making me look him in the eyes, "Have you ever heard the saying that people have 3 loves in their lifetime? The one that's idealistic, fairytale like, epic if you will, it's normally the one that comes when your younger. It's a love that looks right and perfect. Then there's the hard love, it teaches us lessons and teaches us how we want to be loved. It can be unhealthy and messy, it makes you wish it was right. Lastly theres the love we never see coming, it comes in seeming wrong or maybe at the wrong time, it changes everything you've once thought you knew about what love was supposed to be, it's you're true pure love. It feels right because it is." A tear falls from his eye as he wipes mine away.

"Where are you going with this?" As ask

"I think your 3 were a little switched around, your hard love coming first with that Kaden asshole, then me and as badly as I wish we were each others 3rd love, I know we're each others epic love. Our love looks perfect it looks right, every minute I'm with you feels like a fairytale. I'm not saying what we had was fake or anything, our love was real and true but I'm not your true love. Charlie is."

"Where is all this coming from?" I ask him and he pulls a piece of paper out of his pocket, my song.

"Where- how- where you going through my stuff?" I ask

"Not intentionally, I left something in your closet and when I was getting it I knocked down your box and I guess I did unfold and look at the songs I'm sorry."

"No I'm sorry." I start to let out more cries, "I didn't want this to happen, I never ever wanted to hurt you. I love you Luke."

"I know you didn't, and you didn't hurt me love. I love you so much, and being loved by you is something I'll always treasure, but you need to figure out your feelings with Charlie and what the two of you could have. Also maybe send this song to your record label, record it, release it. It's really good." He laughed and so did I

"So this." I say pointing between the two of us, "it's over?"

"I wish it wasn't, but unfortunately it has to be." He kissed the top of my head before walking out of the room.

———

December 15 2022

Lukehemmings just posted a photo!