18

RUVIM?!"

Blisse and Faron stared at the Russian mafia boss in front of them in disbelief. He wore a smirk on his face as he stood beside Irina.

After confessing to the Brazillians about who the true killer was, Irina brought them to her hotel room to discuss. They found Ruvim sitting on the bed waitin for them, as well as Anastasia, who looked the least surprised to be in the room.

Blisse still couldn't believe what Irina had said.

Konstantin? But how?

Was he using her this whole time for his personal gain? Did he even need her help in the first place?

"I know this is hard to believe, but hear me out first," Irina announced, then she gestured to Anastasia who stood up and faced the Brazillians, her face emotionless.

She cleared her throat and spoke. "I tracked down matches to Russia, then I was able to find out it was someone who had worked Konstantin's company hours before delivering weapons to your location in Brazil. Then I remembered everyone in Konstantin's building were in a meeting at the time of the murder except for Konstantin, and he briefly mentioned visiting Brazil to talk to your parents about a partnership."

Ruvim continued where she left off. "Dimitri also visited me at the same time about this partnership. He wanted me to help Konstantin take over your mafia, but I declined, so he insisted that I become the enemy in this tale to help transport weapons because they knew I needed some too. Again, I declined until they blackmailed me."

"What did they blackmail you with?" Faron asked after a few beats of silence.

Ruvim breathed heavily, casting his eyes to the floor. "My sister, Eloa. She's your third in command."

Blisse was in disbelief. Eloa seemed ok when she spoke to her a month ago. "Eloa? But she was fine when we spoke after I came to Russia. Was that not her?"

Ruvim shook his head at her words. "That wasn't her. It was one of Konstantin's agents who was transformed to look like her to get information out of you. Eloa had been missing ever since Dimitri first contacted Faron at the supermarket."

"Had?" Faron questioned. "Where is she now?"

"Well thanks to these two," Ruvim said, gesturing to Anastasia and Irina. "I was able to get her out in time before things got worse. Konstantin had her locked in his basement. She's fine now and back home in Brazil."

They couldn't believe what was being said. Konstantin was just using her to gain her mafia, Eloa had been kidnapped and kept right under their noses the whole time, and Ruvim was not the bad guy.

The last part was still hard to believe.

"So," Faron stretched out. "Just to make sure, you don't want to take over our mafia?"

Ruvim rolled his eyes at the question. "God, no. I have enough stuff on my plate, I don't need your enemies and responsibilities adding to them."

Blisse narrowed her eyes. "Gee thanks."

"But what about Ciro?" Faron asked. "Where is he now?"

Ruvim answered. "Who knows where he is. I gave him a real beat down though before I left. He's probably crawling back to Italy."

"Getting back to the point of the matter," Anastasia directed. "The little 'project' Konstantin and my father were working on was actually a plan to infiltrate your mafia and knock you guys out of power. Also to add to the growing list of bad news, they'll be leaving for Brazil in three days."

Blisse smirked. "Well, it's about time we prepare for war."

***

During the rest of the day, Blisse had to pretend she didn't know of Konstantin's secret intention, she was forced to play the loving girlfriend to a traitor. He wasn't home all day, he never stopped by, and he never called to check in on her. She was bummed out about the last part.

Don't feel sorry for him, he subconscious scolded. He's only using you.

It was dinner time he finally arrived, a briefcase in his hand. He didn't even look at her or acknowledge her presence in the room. Just walked past her to his office and closed the door. Blisse followed him silently down the dark hallway.

Once she arrived at the closed door, she pressed her ear against it, listening to his conversation. He must've been on the phone with his father.

"Yes father, I have the plans ready." Two minutes passed. "No, I made sure to lead them away. They're no closer to the truth then when they first started."

Are you sure about that, Blisse thought.

"We'll split the money once we gain control. Anastasia and Andre don't need to know about this." Silence. "I'll be sure to be in contact." Then he hanged up the phone.

Blisse stood still behind the door. She didn't even care if he came out that moment and saw her. She still couldn't believe that the man who she had grown used to used her and betrayed. Once he gained control of her mafia, he would cast her away like trash.

You're no different, Blisse. You would've done the same thing.

She burst into the room, no longer able to keep her emotions in and pounced on him. He startled in surprise, but calmed once he saw it was her.

"What are you doing here, cherry?" He asked. The dark side to his personality vanished into the air.

She screamed in his face. "How could you?! You were just using me this whole time. You never cared about me?"

His eyes narrowed slightly. "Don't raise your voice at me, cherry. I don't know what lies Faron has been whispering into your ear, but whatever they are is not true. You're merely believing in tricks."

She growled, ready to scream at him again, but all of a sudden he had his hand around her throat and lifted her up until the tip of her toes weren't touching the ground.

"Are you going to plot against me too just as your little boyfriend did? I won't have that. If you knew what was best for you, you would drop the accusations and leave me be. Now go do what you were made to do and prepare me dinner."

He dropped her to the ground, knelt down next to her figure to breathe words into her ear. "Next time you shout at me, I won't hesitate to put a bullet into your head."

♘♘♘

so...uh...thoughts?