Five | Art Class

Chapter 5 : Art Class

The bell rings and 4th-period starts, students start crowding into the classroom some taking their usual seats while some sneak to sit next to their friends. I sit in my normal seat which is in the back next to the big glass window, The view of the large front lawn Insight.

Art is one of my favorite subjects probably my top favorite. that's one of my hidden talents, I love drawing ever since I was young, growing up my mom wanted to put me in art classes but I refused. I've always told my self I'm not that good at drawing.

Mrs. Hillary aka Mrs. H is one of the best art teachers I know. she's an inspiration. She's been in tv interviews, meetings, and met some famous artists. She even got an opportunity to work for the best company in New York but she passed it up. Now that I think about it, I wonder why she passed it up.

Someone's presence snaps me from my thoughts, turning to my left I see Brett. He smiles at me then chuckles noticing my reaction. What's he doing here?

Duh stupid! he's in this class!

Shut it brain!

"Hey beautiful stranger," He winks my way and I find myself blushing like an idiot. "Hey," I mumble, staring at the wooden table.

"I make you nervous?" He said making me shoot my head up to look at him confused, he chuckles. "I'm kidding but I like that I make you blush," I bite back my smile as Mrs.H walks into the classroom holding a big poster board. She sits it down and smiles.

"Good morning my beautiful students!" She says happily. Everyone says good morning after.

"I've got an exciting assignment for each and every one of you. You're going to love!" She claps her hands together and smiles.

"I've never seen a teacher so excited at school before," Brett whispers to me making me chuckle. He's seriously gotta stop that.

Mrs.H grabs the big poster board and leans it on the paint stool then turns it around. We all gasp at the beautiful painting that's insight.

It's a painting of a girl with long black hair, a yellow belly shirt and a towel wrapped around her waist. I told you Mrs.H was the best art teacher.

"Wow.," I whispered while eyeing every detail on the painting. "This is a painting of my daughter, Joanna that I painted myself." She brushed the painting with her fingers tips lightly.

"Well, Joanna can get it! If you know what I mean," A guy on the football team yelled, across the room with a smirk making the class laugh. I roll my eyes so does Mrs. H

"Would you like to spend all your game nights in this classroom for detention for a month?" She smiles sarcastically. The class Oouus's as the jock goes silent. I snicker under my breath.

"Ok good. today's assignment I want all of you to draw out your dream. a dream that you had last night or the day before as LONG as it's appropriate."

"Aw man, there goes that grade!" The same jock says as I roll my eyes. Guys are disgusting.

Mrs.H sits at her desk as the class starts talking to their friends and getting started.

"Um about that yeah I won't be able to do that," Brett stared at the big poster board that has been passed out now in front of him.

"Why?"

He hesitates for a second."I'm not a good artist," He avoided eye contact. "Me either but I never get a bad grade."

Brett finally makes eye contact then stares back at the poster board. "Plus I can't draw out my dream," I frown in confusion. was it that bad?