Chapter 14 - The Night

It was the night of Full moon day. Yuvraj was going towards the east wing.  He was confused about the happenings and more over whatever Anamika said was still running in his mind.

How did he not feel the distance that was growing between them? Did he really forget her in the middle of his new life with Saudamini and kids? Truth be told, he was very much excited when got the news of Saudamini being pregnant for the first time though he regretted his actions. And he couldn't even express his happiness when he got to hold his first child in his arms.

He got out of his thoughts when a dasi greeted him and motioned his way for him. He nodded at her and she went away. The chamber was decorated with small lamps and flowers. The bed was decorated beautifully but the one who should have sat on the bed was not there. He looked around the chamber to see where she is but on not finding her, he became panicked, he called out for her, "Anamika!  Where are you?  Anamika?" He was worried thinking about the herbs she had taken. Did it have any side effects? Was she not able to handle the dose?

Suddenly he heard a giggling sound. He asked, "Who is that?" Again he heard the same sound but couldn't pinpoint where it is coming from as the sound resonated the room. He asked again, "Who is that? Is that you Anamika?"

"Pratap!!" He heard a voice. He stilled for a moment. It has been years since he heard his name from her mouth. He was overwhelmed with his emotions and tears were threatening to spill. Hearing the giggling sound again, he composed himself and called out for her, "Anamika! Where are you?  Come in front of me. "

"No. You have to find me Pratap. If you fail to find me,  then you have sleep alone. Poor Pratap", Anamika replied teasingly. Pratap chuckled at that and remembered their first night when she made him run behind her and at the end of the chase game, he got her and gave her the punishment throughout the night.

Coming out of his thoughts, he searched for her. Soon he found her behind a curtain and played with her, "Oh my god! I am not able to find my wife. Now I have to sleep alone", yuvraj said dramatically pouting.

Hearing his words, Anamika giggled but then squealed because yuvraj caught her wrist and pulled her out.  She clashed with his chest and pouted. He encircled her waist and looked at her with a smile on his face.

"Pratap! You found me again", She said disappointed. "Don't make those faces. You were the one who challenged me. So I got you and won the challenge", Yuvraj said calmly.

Then he looked at her from head to toe.  She was dressed differently today, precisely she is dressed like she used to do before. With the open hair, Red lehenga and lavender perfume smell, She made him feel like he went back in time where they challenge each other who will control whom throughout the night. She is the epitome of beauty that he forgot to worship.

He was looking at her face as if to memorize her this smiling face and sparkling eyes in his memory, wishing time would stop. He realized that he actually never saw her smiling fully with sparkling eyes in all these years. And he very well know he is the reason for this.

When he was lost in his thoughts more specifically guilt, Anamika got out of his hold and ran around the bed. He came out of his world with her sudden push and ran to catch her. "Anamika stop right there", he yelled. "No way", She simply said and ran towards the balcony as the front door of the room is locked.

Though it is the ground floor, the palace was built with some rise from the ground which made it possible to have a balcony that overlooks the kingdom, as the palace is built over hilly top away from the people.

Anamika was practically trapped in a dead end of the balcony and yuvraj stood at the door blocking her escape. He started walking towards her as if in a trance while drinking in her beauty. Her hair was flying as the air was breezy and if not for the jewel she wore in her head, her face will not be visible. With that slightly messy hair, disoriented dress due to running and her chest heaving up and down due to her nervousness, everything made her more appealing to him.

He came near her and put her hair behind her ear. His proximity was affecting her way too much.  Eventhough she didn't remember anything due to the herbs, the feeling of his proximity after several years did make her anxious unconsciously.

"Beautiful", He whispered and her eyes met his. His eyes were dark with desires and she blushed looking at him. He couldn't control himself after looking at her blushing face and captured her lips in a deep passionate kiss.

Both of their minds were numb. They are feeling each other after years and their hearts recognized each other even after years. After few minutes, he broke the kiss and looked at her closed eyes. He moved towards her ear and whispered, "It gives me immense pleasure that I'm the only one who will make you blush and forget yourself. Only I have the power to do it. You are only mine."

She shivered at his words as well as his hot breath on her ear and opened her eyes and looked at him. At that moment, they both forgot everything. They moved back in time and felt as the newly Wed Anamika and Pratap.

He picked her up from the balcony in bridal style and moved to the room.  He walked to the bed and placed her on the bed. He sat on the bed beside her and closed the curtains around the bed.

"Your punishment is still pending Anamika, for making me run around. And the punishment is I will not let you sleep tonight.  I wish ravish you whole night that you will forget your sleep and everything else", Yuvraj told her.

"I'm yours, Pratap", Anamika said and pulled him towards her. Let's just say that Yuvraj kept his word at least for the night.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If  you like the chapter, do vote and comment.

Your comments will encourage me to write more and correct my mistakes.

Thanks,
SM.