Epilogue

14 Years later

Monster

It's been 11 years since I been back home and things are almost normal.

I can't really even say normal cause things will never be the same, especially now that my auntie gone.

"It's gonna get better baby" my dad said consoling my mother as she sobbed over Carter's grave.

"She was my baby sister Eli, she was just starting her life" my mom cried out

My mind drifted back to the day she died.

————
Flashback

"Come here boy" Mike said calling me over to him.

Slowly getting up I walked over to him. "Sir" I said looking up at him.

"You gonna go on some runs with tj so he can show you somethings, ima stay here with ya sister and auntie" he said drinking dark liquor from his cup.

"With all due respect I'm not going, ima stay here with them, they need to eat" I said

"Nigga I don't give a fuck" he said kicking me and I fell back. I tried to hide the pain but I guess it was evident.

"You punk get the fuck up and be a man" he yelled. It took me a minute to get up but when I did I ran toward him.

He kicked me again this time stomping on my stomach afterwards.

"Don't test me again boy, now go" he said spitting beside me. I got up and limped towards the door.

I always went on runs with the Tj . I always found ways I could leave, but I just couldn't leave my sister and auntie behind.

Getting in the backseat floor of the car I moved around until I could get comfortable.

"Aye lil man you ight" Tj asked and I nodded.

"Ima stop by and get you some food, try and save what you can for your sisters" he said and I nodded not feeling like correcting him.

He pulled up to Wendy's and got me a burger and then a five piece nugget for my sister and tt.

After stuffing the nuggets in my dirty pockets, I began eating my burger.

"Slow down it ain't going nowhere" Tj said and I nodded.

I have 100% respect for Tj, even though he work for the opp, I understand a man got to do what he got to do to make it.

"Aye bruhh shit gone look up one day" he said looking back at me.

"Ima kill him when that day comes" I said looking at him

"What you know about how to kill people" he asked.

"Mike" I said and he shook his head

"You only five, don't worry bout Killing nobody" he said eating some fries.

"I'm serious" I said and he stopped and turned around looking at me.

"How serious" he asked

"Look at what he doing to us, I'm so serious" I said

He nodded and opened the glove compartment. He pulled out a small knife with jagged edges.