𝟐𝟓 - 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬?

Jungkook walked down the stairs. He still had time to back away if he wanted. 

He stopped in his tracks, shaking his head at the thought, he continued walking until he was in the kitchen where you were.

He gulped, this would be harder than he thought. He refrained from making eye contact with you because it would make it that much harder. 

He walked up to your mother who was preparing coffee behind the counter.

"Good morning son", your mother smiled.

You watched Jungkook from the sidelines, passing a small smile too.

Your mother calling Jungkook "son" dawned on him as a realization, he was considered family now.

"Ms. Lee, can we talk?", Jungkook asked.

"Of course dear, take a seat", your mother replied.

"Alone...", he looked at you as you took this as a cue to leave, not thinking much about it.

"So?", your mother sipped on her coffee.

"Umm", Jungkook uncomfortably sat on his seat before heaving a sigh.

"I'm going to have to resign", Jungkook just went out and said it, waiting for your mother's reaction.

She stayed calm, setting her coffee down smiling at Jungkook.

"That's alright with me dear, you've done a lot and I couldn't thank you enough for it, Y/N is safer for now at least", she stated.

"Yeah, she'll be fine", Jungkook sighed.

-------------------

"You sure you want to do this?", Jimin asked.

"I mean I eventually wanted to visit father, I just didn't know when? But I suppose now is a good time", Jungkook put his hands in his pocket.

"You sure this isn't just about Y/N?", Jimin had been with Jungkook for as long as he could remember and he was able to figure him out like an open book.

"It's kinda about Y/N but mostly because I want to", Jungkook put his hands in his pocket, maybe he was just trying to convince himself of exactly that.

--------------------

Another quiet night had you laying on the grass. It was never like you to do something like this but Jungkook had taught you the peace you get by laying under the stars and here, all alone, there was a peace you could never get anywhere. 

You were definitely exhausted from all the decor arrangement shopping Mia took you out for.

You could see the anxiety piling up on Mia as the wedding now stood days away but you promised to be right alongside her the whole way.

You felt movement around you and you turned to see Jungkook laying beside you as he passed you a smile.

You guys had several ups and downs but now felt like the calming after the storm.

"Everything alright?", you asked.

"Hmm, just going to miss this night sky", Jungkook replied.

"Miss? seems like you're going somewhere", you turned your head to face him.

"I am actually, since Daniel's gone now, there is no longer a threat to you so I guess that's my cue to leave", he spoke nonchalantly. 

Jungkook was leaving, that was good news right? You hated not knowing exactly what you wanted or what you were feeling, just the kind of confusion Jungkook had brought but now he would leave, he would fade from your memory and everything would go back to the way it was, the way it was supposed to be.

"When are you leaving?", you asked.

"The day after the wedding to America, father is there so I'm going to finally get some time to spend with him", he explained as you nodded.

You lay on your back again sighing as you watched the sky full of stars but the peace you felt was long gone.

-----------------------------------

At this point they are just big babies surpassing their feelings :(