"Wedding of the Century"

ACE

                  "Come on, come on, come on!" 

                  Isla tugged on Ace's hand, and Ace had no choice but to keep following her. The marble hallways of the Bellagio blurred until they reached the bridge between the hotel and the casino. 

                  "Your mother is going to kill me," Ace said.

                   "She'll never know," Isla said, grinning, as she yanked Ace into the parlor of the casino. "Besides, Louis and I are best friends."

                   "Louis?"

                   Isla waved to the tall, muscular bouncer guarding the front of the casino. His face was covered in tattoos and when he smiled, Ace saw three piercings on his bottom lip. 

                   "See you, Louis!" she said cheerfully, as she pulled Ace through the entrance and into the brightly lit, colourful den. "Golden retrievers are his favourite dog, like me. We're practically the same person."

                    Ace thought of Louis's bulging muscles and ink-covered face.

                    Practically the same person?

                    "Cats are better," Ace murmured.

                    Isla dragged her into the gift shop. "So, listen. We need a ring. And we just can't have a Ring Pop. That's so unromantic. It's like those movies with the skinny white dude who knocks up some girl but their parents don't approve and they're both broke so the guy thinks it's just so cute to propose with a dumb candy ring, and the girl is like, Aw, how sweet! Men are so fantastic!" 

                   "That was . . ." Ace frowned. "Very specific?"

                   Isla huffed and tugged her harder. "Look, we have something borrowed and something blue. Now, we need something old and something new."

                    "Why?"

                    Isla spun around. "Why? Why?"

                    Ace's brows pulled together. She had no idea what something borrowed, something blue, something old and something new meant.

                   There were probably traditions in Russia, some kind of marriage rituals her family knew about, but as for her? 

                    The only rite Ace had ever done was killing that hawk on her birthday.

                    "Oh, look!" Isla said, holding up a little pin. "It says, I Smoke Weed. That's something new, right?"

                    "I am not wearing that," Ace growled.

                    Isla sighed. "What about I'm A Gay Unicorn?" 

                    Ace narrowed her eyes on the pin. "It does not say that."

                    "Oh, please, please, won't you wear this? It's so cute. Put it on your tuxedo."

                    "I am not wearing a pin that says, I'm A Gay Unicorn." 

                     Twenty minutes later, Ace was wearing a pin that said, I'm A Gay Unicorn.