'Blaze'

Avery looked up at the house and smiled. What an interesting character.
She looked around. No spies – that she could see. She hurried up to the door and ran the bell. Then she waited.
“Yes?” the spy asked as she opened the door. “Avery?” she said surprised.
Avery smiled. “Hiya sweetie. Can I come in?”
The girl stepped aside to let her in. “Uh…sure….”
Avery stepped past the woman and entered the abode, looking around. It looked almost normal; more normal then Sherlock’s apartment. This was only one of ‘Blaze’s’  houses. Her boss paid her well.
Avery made her way through, while Blaze followed with a frown, arms wrapped around herself.
Avery walked into a dining room, and sat herself down at the table, lifting her legs onto the table casually and crossing them.
Blaze took a few steps and took the seat next to her, eyeing Avery’s legs with annoyance, before looking back to her face.
“Well? I assume you didn’t come here on a whim.”
Avery laughed. “Everything I do is on a whim.”
Blaze frowned. “Everything?”
Avery gave her a sidelong gaze. “Something like that.”
Blaze gave a chuckle and looked down to her lap. “There’s been no change. He’s still as oblivious as ever.”
Avery gave a small frown. It was an unspoken agreement between them. It was always ‘him’ this, or ‘he’ that, or ‘the boss’. Blaze felt uncomfortable using his name, like it would make her deception all the more severe – even though she only started working for him because of Avery. And, in turn, Avery felt it added to the atmosphere. The whole ‘spy and espionage’ tone of their conversations.
“Hmm,” Avery said.
“You should be more careful.”
Avery gave a laugh. “When have I ever been careful?”
Blaze looked back up at her with fiery eyes. “This is my home. He’s probably got it watched.”
Avery leant over and pulled away some of Blaze’s hair. “Poor thing. I just wanted to ask a favour.”
Blaze frowned. “Yes?”
Avery smiled and began whispering into her ear.