Chapter Six: Sweet surprise

I smile as Johnny joins me in front of the penthouse. He has jogged ahead to leave Ellen and her crew in the dust.

"You are limping. Is your knee still bothering you?" He asks as he reaches me.

"Yes, I've been working almost non-stop since you left. Speaking of which, how am I suppose to pay you the rent? Every time I ask you have to run off." I ask as I unlock the door.

"I do that for a reason. I don't want you paying." He purrs, suddenly scooping me off my feet. I give a startled cry, clinging to him.

"Then get off your feet." He adds as he carries me inside. He leaves the door open for Ellen.

"I thought we agreed I'd pay $400 a month."

"That's what I told you, but the paper you signed....well that shifted the ownership of the penthouse. This place is yours by law, though I'm paying the property tax." He chuckles, carefully laying me on the couch.

"Why would you...If we had broken up you would have lost this place."

"I don't care. I have tons of homes. I don't need them all. I'm just happy you have somewhere safe to stay." Tears slide down my cheeks as I lock eyes with Johnny.

"Oh baby, don't cry." He purrs with a soft chuckle, reaching over to wipe my tears away.

"I told you, I'm a cry baby." I whimper, letting him scoop me back up into his arms. Ellen and her team have just joined us, shutting the door behind them.

"No, you are my baby girl." He chuckles, making my cheeks burn.

"Baby girl huh?" Ellen chuckles as she takes a seat in one of the chairs. The camera sits on the chair on the other side of the living room, where he can see both of us. The man with the table pulls one of the chairs from the dining room table over, sitting next to the camera man.

"Is this going to end up on air?" I ask, looking up at Johnny.

"No, Ellen promised not to air this. However, when I go onto her show later this year she will bring up some of the stuff we talk about." Johnny answers, laying back on the couch. As he does he crosses his legs on the coffee table. He still has me curled up on his lap.

"Okay, where were we? Johnny read your book and invited you to rent this place?" Ellen asks as she gets comfortable on the chair.

"Yes, however apparently I'm not renting it," I say with a slight growl, looking up at Johnny. His smile grows before he speaks.

"Yeah, I tricked her into signing the deed to this place. She thought she was renting it until today, but it's hers."

"Seems like you lie to her a lot." Ellen purrs, earning a shocked look from Johnny.

"He doesn't, just seems that way with the day we have had." I giggle, enjoying watching the gears turning in his head. I can see him trying to dig his way out of this. Ellen simply nods before speaking again.

"Okay, can we talk about the pregnancy? Is that okay?" Ellen asks as she adjusts in her seat. Johnny looks down at me, waiting for an answer.

"Yeah, I guess," I mutter nervously, snuggling closer into Johnny's chest.

"I take it by how...uh touchy... the subject is that the baby isn't yours?" Ellen asks, sounding almost nervous.

"No, it's not. Just after we got to LA, Ivy was raped. I should have thought to get her a morning-after pill but I didn't think about it." Johnny says with some growl.

"It's not your fault Johnny. By no means are you responsible." I reach up to stroke his cheek, earning a soft smile.

"So, are you going to stay to raise the baby anyway?"