CHAPTER 14: The Flight

Camilla Cortes' Point of View: 

Things got quiet in the car after I told Luke that I would let him explain. He seemed to retreat into himself and I let him. After avoiding him for so long he must of thought that I would never forgive him and I haven't completely forgiven him yet but it's better than nothing. 

When we arrived at the airport I headed towards the building but Luke shook his head at me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him, "why aren't we going inside?"

"There's nothing wrong," he smiled at me and I was stunned. He has a beautiful smile. He led me towards the side of the building where I saw airplanes in the distance. As we walked closer I saw the Williams' company logo and name on one of them.

"Oh my God," I whispered shocked.

"You have your own plane?" I elbowed him earning a chuckle.

"Technically it is the company's plane"

I laughed at that, "but you own the company"

"True," he smirked as he helped me up the stairs of the plane. We greeted the pilot and air hostesses and settled into our seats. Carlos and another man that I didn't recognise walked in and handed our luggage to the ladies who quickly put them away. 

I smiled at Carlos as he nodded his head at me and exited the plane.

"Come," Luke beckoned to me as he held out his hand.

I immediately placed my hand in his grinning as he led me towards the seats. He gestured for me to sit in one of them as he took the seat opposite of me.

"Buckle up," he instructed me.

I set my handbag beside of me and quickly buckled myself in with the help of Luke who managed to strap in, in no time. 

Just as I was about to speak one of the airhostess made herself known as she asked us if you would like any refreshments. I politely asked her to bring me some breakfast as she continued to wait for an answer. Luke asked for some coffee to wish she promptly nodded her head.

"The refreshments will be brought to you promptly after take off," she smiled and left us to our own devices.

It was silent as Luke stared at me. I didn't say anything allowing him the chance to speak. When he didn't say anything I decided to speak up.

"I gave you the chance to explain yourself and your being so silent"

He looked down at my words and shook his head. Now I'm at a loss he looks so defeated.

"Hey," I reached out to him taking his hands in my own "what's wrong?"

He looked at me and smiled sadly, "I was prepared to beg for your forgiveness but now that I have your permission to do so I find myself at a loss for words"

"Why?" I asked softly.

His hand tightened around my own, "I don't know the right words to say to convince you of how sorry I am. I regret what I said, I don't even know why I said it"

"That's a lie, I know why I said it," he sighed "I've been hurt before, it ended badly and even though I've only known you for around a month my feelings for you are very strong and it scares me"

I couldn't help but smile when he confessed to having feelings for me. It's good to know that my feelings are reciprocated. I would feel terrible if he only wanted to apologize because of a guilty conscience. But why was he scared?

"Why does your feelings for me scare?" I asked hesitantly not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

His gaze pierced through me as he raised one of his hands to brush against my cheek. My body shivered in contentment at his touch and my eyes closed briefly. I opened them again to find him smirking at my reaction to his touch.

"You have the power to break me," he kissed me gently on the forehead and gestured for me to look outside.

I was surprised to see that we were up in the air. I hadn't even realised that we had taken off. The air hostess who's name I had already forgotten had returned with my food and Luke's coffee. She went back to the front with the others and left us alone again. I watched her as she walked away. I turned around to be met with a pair of lips on my own. A whimper escaped me as I wrapped my hand around Luke's neck as much as the seat belt would allow. He bit my lip lightly and I opened my mouth allowing his tongue to sweep in for him to deepen the kiss. 

"Am I forgiven?" he asked panting softly.

I laughed just as the overhead intercom went off, "Good morning passengers. This is your captain speaking. First I'd like to welcome you on Williams' Corp 82. We are currently cruising at an altitude of 33,000 feet at an airspeed of 560 miles per hour. The time is 10:25 am. The weather looks good and with the tailwind on our side we are expecting to land in Germany approximately fifteen minutes ahead of schedule. The weather in Germany is clear and sunny, with a high of 24 degrees for this afternoon. If the weather cooperates we should get a great view of the city as we descend. I'll talk to you again before we reach our destination. Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the flight"

I leaned back in my seat and unbuckled my seat belt, "I can't believe we're heading to Germany"

Luke chuckled softly at my excited state, "as my assistant you will travel with me whenever I have business outside of the country"

"I'm not so sure some of the ladies will be happy with you having your girlfriend by your side constantly"

"Girlfriend?" his smile widened "does that mean you forgive me?"

I stood and crossed the short distance to perch myself on his lap. One hand immediately went to my hip and the other went around my waist. I wrapped an arm around his waist and the other around his neck and leaned in to whisper in his ear.

"How about you show me what it's like to join the mile high club and then I'll give you my answer"

His grip tightened on me as his eyes darkened with unmistakable lust, "you must eat first"

A childlike whine left me as I protested to waiting any longer. His eyes glistened dangerously as he slapped me on the butt. 

"Eat Camilla, trust me when I say you'll need your energy"