Twenty-Six

School ended.

  Yoongi was still in touch with the friends that he had met in the last few months of school, but now he takes online classes for further education. Jungkook was some faceless YouTuber— whatever the hell that was. Yoongi had no clue. He guessed it meant exactly as said, but he shrugged it off, loving how random companies sponsor his YouTube videos and how he gets free stuff as well.

  Yoongi also got a job at a coffee shop in the meantime of finishing off his classes. It didn't take too long before he started paying for his own two bedroom apartment. Life was going quite well. All he does is work in the morning, do classes in the evenings, and sometimes goes to his boyfriend's parent's house, where Jungkook was struggling to leave.

  It didn't take long for Yoongi to hate not seeing Jungkook as frequently. And Jungkook also hated being so cooped in and still being so far away from his soulmate all of the time.

  "Baby," Jungkook wrapped his arms around Yoongi, hugging him from behind as he cooked soup in his own kitchen with the pots and pans that Jungkook had bought him. Jungkook had actually bought a lot of stuff for Yoongi's apartment. He went with him to help him buy a couch, bought him kitchen supplies, and even Jungkook's parents had given him an old TV that they no longer use. Yoongi was grateful to have such things. Other than that, he would've had pretty much nothing.

  His own parents bought him things too.

  His father has a nice paying job, which Yoongi had learned months ago. So they let Yoongi take his bedroom set, bought him a mount for the TV, and a dining table. Well, Yoongi actually paid half of the dining table.

  Still. He's got a lot to be grateful for. But as Jungkook hugs him from behind, he can't help but be greedy for once.

  "Jungkookie.." He turned away from the soup he was making. They were making soup together because it was raining and Jungkook was staying the night. Jungkook wanted soup. "The soup is almost done now."

  Jungkook brushed that aside, hugging Yoongi from the front now. "Hey.. Yoonie.."

  Yoongi relaxed into Jungkook as he felt a soft kiss on his neck. "Yes?" He asked.

  "I have something to tell you." Jungkook said. This made Yoongi's body tense. Usually this means something bad, right? Is Jungkook going to say something bad? Is he moving away? Going to a far away University? Leaving Yoongi? Are they.. "Baby." Jungkook brought him out of his thoughts. "Calm down. It's nothing bad." He chuckled into Yoongi.

  "Then what is it?" He asked.

  Jungkook merely shrugged. "Just.. a secret." He mumbled. Instantly, Yoongi knew. "I've held this secret in for a while. It's suffocating, really." He said. He pulled back from Yoongi, leaning his forehead into his boyfriend's. "It's not bad if I tell you it, right?"

  Yoongi's heart melted. "Not at all."

  "Good." Jungkook placed his hand gently on Yoongi's cheek and pressed their lips together. They both closed their eyes, calmly kissing, the setting dark and quiet despite the rain hitting the window. Jungkook smiled as he backed away once again, his teeth shining at him. "I love you, Min Yoongi."

  Yoongi couldn't help but blush at how whole Jungkook made him feel.

  "I love you too." A small pause in Yoongi's mind as he saw Jungkook smile even wider. "Kook.. Would you ever consider just moving in with me?" He suddenly asked. Jungkook's eyes widened as he separated their foreheads. "I-I mean— You don't exactly work anywhere specific except your bedroom, right? You could set up your computer in the living room or something. O-Or not at all. Yeah. You don't—don't have to consider it. Nevermind."

  Jungkook's eyes were still wide, shaking his head harshly. "No, no." He stopped Yoongi from turning around in embarrassment. He made Yoongi look up at him. "Sorry. You just surprised me when you said that."

  Yoongi frowned. "Don't worry—"

  "Of course I'd move in with you." Jungkook cut him off. "I mean.. I've spent so many nights here it's not even funny. And you used to stay with me in high school. We... It kind of sounds crazy to move in with each other after only being together for half a year, but I would most definitely consider it." He admitted.

  Yoongi chuckled to himself. "Right." He said. "I mean.. I just wanted you to not have to complain about living there still. Like... What's the difference of going to University and rooming with a stranger versus someone like us rooming together? You know what.. Nevermind. I'm digging my own hole."

  "Actually," Jungkook tilted his head. "You're lowkey onto something. Why can strangers live together but we can't?" He questioned.

  Yoongi shrugged as he turned around to stir the soup, simmering down and waiting to be eaten. "Just remember that it's always an option if you need, bun." He said. "Not trying to rush our relationship. Just leaving the offer on the table so you know it's always there."

  Jungkook nodded as he reached for the cabinet that he knew the bowls were in. Then he pressed a kiss to Yoongi's head before walking towards the dining table to set it up. When Yoongi knew he was fully out of sight, he mentally face palmed himself.

  Idiot.

  He rolled his eyes to himself. Jungkook's probably already plotting ways to leave Yoongi. Why the hell did he say anything? What kind of crazy person is he to offer that?

  "I'm gonna go put the clothes I washed in the dryer." Jungkook announced as he walked back to the kitchen. "Do you need help carrying the soup to the table?" He asked.

  Yoongi shook his head. "I got it."

  "Okay." Jungkook snapped his fingers to himself, sure that Yoongi had it. Yoongi watched as he walked away, back towards the laundry room that he for some reason always finds himself in. He loves helping Yoongi wash his clothes for him.

  Yoongi sighed to himself as he thought about how nice it would be living with him.

  Idiot.

~