Chapter 2. Massage and Spa

Mature Theme & Scene Ahead***

This massage was most needed, Selena thought as the woman continued kneading into her sore tense back muscles. All that pent up stresses and frustrations seemed to leave her body at the woman's touch and deep massage into her back. It felt so unbelievably good she should've scheduled it much sooner.

Sighing out, Selena turned her head catching Kelsey's relaxed face getting a massage done as well. Although a self-care weekend is what she needed, she didn't want to do it alone. Kelsey was available and need the same weekend of self-care.

Kelsey's husband was starting to irritate her lately along with her job and she needed some time away. What better than to spend hours pampering yourself with your best friend. Kelsey couldn't think of anything better than that.

"We should definitely do this at least once a month," Kelsey let out sighing in relaxation.

Selena couldn't help but nod as a small smile lifted to her lips. A relaxing day of manicures, massages, comfort foods, and facials, what could truly be better than that. Once a month, this was definitely needed.

"Seriously, this was much needed. Work has definitely been kicking my ass lately and now with my son and his friend are home for the break who knows when I'll have another break this relaxing," Selena stated calming at the warmth being spread in her back from the rocks.

"You work way to hard Sel, you deserve it," Kelsey states letting out a low moan at the sensation filling her, "Anyway, how is it with Jacob back at home?"

"Well, it's only been a couple of hours and so far, so good. I missed him so much while he was away and now, he's back. I'm happy."

"What's his friend like?"

Selena ponders on how to respond. How could she describe Silas without revealing just how handsome and sensual the man seemed to be? How she couldn't get him out of her mind. It was too embarrassing, too inappropriate.

"He's very...friendly. He's a sweet man, very nice, you know, well mannered. And um..."

Not really much Selena could give from there. She was still getting to know the man living in her house and trying to find a way to get these feelings stirring inside her gone. Overall, what she had said to Kelsey was true. He had cleared the kitchen once they were finished eating offering to wash the dishes and help with anything Selena needed. He even offered to help around the house while he stayed to "pull his own weight" which Selena was thankful for. Jacob was helpful but at times she knew he would leave the house to avoid helping.

"Still getting to know him," Kelsey asked but more so stated while nodding her head, "Well I think this break will be good on you if he is as sweet as you say, less stressful I mean."

Less stress, I wish, Selena thought closing her eyes.

About a half hour later, the women had finished getting their massages along with facials. Now they sat with both manicures done and drying and their feet soaked in warm water preparing for their pedicures. Selena looked over seeing Kelsey's face drop and stuck looking at the water. Although her friend seemed present throughout the day, she could tell something was bugging her.

"Kelsey, what's wrong? You've been staring at the water for a while?"

Kelsey broke her stare and sighed leaning back, "Lately things between me and Harry have been rough. I don't know what it is, sometimes I'll snap at him for no reason at all or just get so emotional I cannot be around him. We try to talk but it doesn't work out and I don't know."

Kelsey and Harry have been together for about 10 years, married for 5 years. When I first introduced Kelsey to Harry it was like love at first sight, more so for Harry than Kelsey. His eyes lit up and he was instantly entranced by her. The whole evening at my party they had talked and talked and talked. It was as if they were the only two in the room and finally broke apart when it was time to sing happy birthday.