Chapter Seven

Nicole's POV

After the meal, we decided to watch movies in the living room. The guys set up the place to make it cozy.  Nathan and I sat in the middle, with Zac and Collins sitting at the sides. After several hours with the guys fighting over with movie to pick, we settled on an interesting one.

As we watched episodes after episodes, the guys were giving comments and so engrossed in their conversation. I used it as an opportunity to look at all three of them. They were all muscular. Nathan's hair was darker than the others. They are all of the same height, probably around 6 feet tall. They all had tattoos but I guess Nathan had the most. My eyes moved to the tattoos on his arms. There were a whole lots of them and I started tracing them with my fingers, mindlessly.

I turned to the television, wrapping my arms around his biceps and then slight rubbing it. I felt a hand on mine.

"Your mind's not here." he said, making me blush.

"Yeah, is anything bothering you?" Zac asked.

"No, it's nothing. I guess I just zoned out." I said.

"We thought as much. Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything is bothering you, okay?" Collins said.

"Okay." came my reply.

They went back to their conversation, with my attention back to the tv. Nathan's hand was still on mine. I smiled, loving the feeling.

"The right one would always make you happy and would also make you feel special without begging for it." I pondered over the conversation I had with Clara on the day we met.

I can feel the connection between us. I placed my head on Nathan's shoulder, sighing slightly. My mind wanders far from here again. Do I have to find ways to stay clear of Kenneth? I don't know what he has in stock for me. But as far as I know, since he's done with me, he won't come back to me. Would I even allowed him get back into my life and make me miserable.

Probably not, I thought. He was also drunk when he come there this morning, so there's no way he'd remember he even thought of me, let alone come over to my side. Nathan was there for me , so I'm not going to allow Kenneth make me miserable ever again. I decided to let my instincts lead me and hope for the best. I began to feel sleepy, with a lot on mind, I let sleep take over me.

Nathan's POV

"The guy shouldn't have done that." Collins said.

"Maybe he thought that was the only way he would not feel guilty about what he did." Zac said.

"And maybe prepare to take the leadership role in a better way." I said.

I felt Nicole tracing an outline on my arm, then rubbing her hand on my arm, the feeling was smoothing.

"What do you think Nicole?" Zac asked her, but it seems she had zoned out. I placed my hand on hers. She turned to look at me.

"Your mind's not here." I said.

"Yeah, it's nothing." she replied, blushing.

"Don't hesitate to let us know if anything is bothering you." Collins said.

She gave her reply. I felt her put her head on my shoulder, sighing. A few minutes later, I realized she had fallen asleep.  I signalled to guys and decided to take Nicole to the bedroom.

I carried slowly so as not to wake her up. I placed her gently on the bed and pulled the blanket over her. I resisted the urge to plant a kiss on her forehead. I moved to the window, peeping outside.

It's 8pm now, the place was lighted by the street lights, with every home having their lights on, save for Nicole's side since no one was home.

I saw Kenneth at the other side of the road, looking around him. He headed towards Nicole's and stopped right in front of the door. From his actions,it looked like he wanted to break in, but he stopped and started pacing about on the drive way instead.

Just then Clara came back. He moved closer to her, ignoring her fiance. I don't know what he said to her, she's not going to listen to him, judging from her actions. He left, after his pleading proved futile.

Clara went inside with her guy, with he leading the way, in case there's any danger ahead. Few minutes later, my phone started ringing, the caller id showing it was from Clara.

"Hello" she said, her voice a bit shaky.

"Hi Clara. Nicole is here with me." I said.

"OMG, thank God. I'm coming over." she said and hanged up.

Few minutes later, I led Clara and Dan to my room to see Nicole.

"I hope nothing happened to her?", Clara whispered.

"Kenneth came there on the morning after you left. I happened to get there before anything could happen.", I said.

"He's toxic. I got a little scared when I got home and the place was dark. Nicole would have informed if she had plans,  since there was no call or text from her, and Kenneth was the first person I met at our side, I thought something had happened to her." she said.

"My bad. I should have alerted you when we left your side." I said, rubbing the nape of my neck.

"No, no problem. I just thank God you were there, just in time. Thank you for protecting her." she said, hugging me.

She then whispered into my ears,

"If you love her, please make her happy and never make her regret her decision of moving on".

"I would, Clara". I replied. I introduced them to my friends and they decided to hang around a bit before leaving.

"Do you think we should keep an eye on her ex?" Collins asked.

"I don't know. He might have men working for him, and if he finds out, Nicole would be the first person he's going to target." I said.

"Then we'd just be careful. We'd the pick our action from what happens after this." Zac suggested.

"That's great." we said in unison. All I care about it Nicole's safety, and I'm willing to do anything to protect her.