Chapter 4

Chapter 4: My New Home

A long dark hallway appeared in front of me. It had dark indigo wallpaper with multiple swirls of purple all over, reminding me of the basic colour scheme that repeated itself all over the school.

Their school colours. I remember.

After a moment of pause, I actually step through the doorway, my feat finally on the thin corse carpet that lined the hallway floor when I see that the hallway changed.

Instead of seeing the dark hallway with dim lighting and no end in sight it was transformed into a warmly lit one. The hallway appeared short because it went straight for only a moment before heading right, where I could hear deep male laughter mingling with younger ones, all equally as loud.

That must have been an amazing joke. I think, rolling my eyes at my saltiness.

After about a year of me being here on the earth my family soon found out that I was an incredibly sassy child.

Unlike my brother who seemed responsible and calm most of the time, or my sister who was usually the one to speak her mind from personal knowledge just because she was CEO like that, my main point was that I have attitude and salt.

I was also a little dramatic at times but that wasn't as important.

And obviously this was a problem when it came to having to meet with relatives on my fathers side, (traditional in the Italian aspect) and relatives from my mothers side (traditional in the Indian aspect).

Both were extremely suffocating to my sniper personality.

When you felt safe and protected I shot you through the head with a killer insult.

It was who I was.

Obviously I learned to control my thirst for the blood from other people's egos but sometimes my tongue got the best of me. So I desperately hoped that I could hold my tongue from my fellow roommates.

I continued down the hallway, my backpack still over my right shoulder and turned right finding myself staring at . . . at . . .

Two guys having sex?

"What the fu-" I started, my confusion apparent but obviously not accepted because I was soon interrupted.

"Oh shit!" One of the guys in the surrounding crowd cursed. "The first newbie!"

Everyone's heads snapped over to me including the two boys in the compromising position.

The couple scrambled to get in normal positions while everyone surrounding them suddenly turned sheepish.

"Sorry, shit! This isn't what it looks like!" The lankier man started.

"Well it looks like two idiots putting on a creepy porno show for several more doofuses but I clearly must be wrong so please, explain so I may understand." I had drawled the sentence rudely, my arms crossing at some point as I spoke to the group of boys in the room.

So much for holding my tongue . . .

Some chuckles and laughs rang out from the group and amongst them were the two boys.

"Yeah, you were right." The other man said jokingly, earning a loud neck from his partner.

The lankier man who spoke to me first had sparkling hazel eyes and a charming boyish smile. He walked right up to me, putting his hand out to me in greeting.

"Hi I'm, Thulani Ayodele, but people just call Lani." He shook my hand as he introduced himself, a South African accent lacing his words. "The guy that appeared to be fucking me is Harvey Zima and we were just fooling around. The guys were discussing some odd sex positions and we decided to google them and kind of act them out for . . . um reference?"