38

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

"Neil what if your family don't like me or what if they are against this marriage?" I asked.

"Ava relax, even if things get worse, though they won't, trust me that I'll always be with you. I am a one-woman man Ava and you are the one for me. The ring you are wearing is my promise for eternity. " He said, making my heart melt.

"But I don't want you to go against your family for me."

"Ava you cannot ask me to give in when the person is being unreasonable or making silly remarks. If they have some reasonable and valid questions, I'll willingly answer them with utmost respect."

"You are a hot head. I hope your father won't offer me a bag full of money to forget you and leave you like a cliche movie drama." I said to lighten the atmosphere.

"Of course, my dad won't do that.
Though I am not sure about granddad." He said the last part under his breath but I heard it.

"WHAT" I shouted.

"Don't stress Ava, my family is not that dramatic."

"Good because it would have been a tough choice then."

He glared at me and I laughed out loud. It is fun teasing him and it also helps me forget all the stress. I laughed for a good minute and only stopped when I realized that he was parking the car.

Oh God, we are already here. Isn't it too early? I am not ready, I need more time.

"Ava look at me," Neil said holding my hands. I guess he saw me panicking, so I complied. When our eyes met, he gave me a reassuring smile and said,

"Ava I liked you the moment I saw you, at the charity event, dancing and laughing with Ed. If things were different, I would have properly courted you before proposing but this marriage was meant to happen one way or the other. Ava I always listen to my heart over my brain and my heart tells me that you are one. So even if you are doubting yourself, have trust in me. I know my wife is perfect for me and I'll cherish her all my life." I had tears in my eyes, listening to his sweet words. He wiped them for me and kissed my forehead. I am surprised how he knows exactly what to say and when I am worried about what.

Then he got out of the car and opened the door for me. He held my hand in one of his hands while his other hand caressed my cheek and twirled my hair strands behind my ear. It was a simple action but it increased my heartbeat and butterflies flew vigorously in my stomach.

"Shall we? " He asked and I nodded in response. He didn't leave my hand and helped me inside the big mansion.

Ed insisted that since this is our first time meeting Neil's parents together and as a couple, we should put a strong forefront. So he took it upon himself to arrange our outfits. That's why we both are in matching shades of blue. Trust me it's embarrassing.

Since Ed picked the clothes, I was not surprised that my dress was full-sleeved and length to my calves. But overall it was pretty and perfect for the occasion. Only if we weren't matching like love-sick teenagers. Before leaving the home, Ed even clicked our numerous pictures as if he was sending his daughter off to her prom. Silly man he is.