Unveiling Emotions: The Prelude to Union

"You were more than an obsession. You were more than a love. You were my life. And I do not know what to do without you"

.
.
.

Everyone had gathered in the living room, engaged in a lively discussion.

Abhimanyu, seated amongst them, his attention singularly fixed on Riddhima, his eyes tracing her every move as she delicately sipped her tea.

Two individuals, Meghna and Veer, observed Abhimanyu's consistent gaze towards Riddhima.

Meghna intervened, advising Abhimanyu to cease his intense stare, reminding him that Riddhima would soon be his wife

"Hey, stop staring at her like that; she's going to be your wife, bhaiya,"

Meghna advised Abhimanyu with a hint of concern.

Veer, amused by the situation, couldn't resist a chuckle at Abhimanyu's behavior.

"What can he do? my friend is undeniably beautiful, but I've never found her attractive"

Veer mused to himself

Abhimanyu expressed to Meghna, "I'm not looking at her, I'm observing the color of the walls behind her. Your tongue seems to be more active nowadays"

Meghna rolled his eyes in exasperation at his brother's antics, choosing instead to ignore him and engage in conversations with others.

In the midst of everyone's conversation, Riddhima's mother suddenly interjected.

"The marriage between Abhimanyu and Riddhima is already set, Today's meeting was intended for us to get to know each other's families better,"

her mother explained.

Riddhima's mother disclosed, "I had a conversation with our family Pandit ji regarding finalizing the dates for the engagement and wedding ceremonies."

Upon hearing this, Riddhima's heart sank, tears welled up in her eyes, yet she managed to hold them back.

Abhimanyu noticed Riddhima's reaction keenly.

"Why is she reacting like this? Does she not want to marry me? 

No worries even if she doesn't, she'll have to, by any means necessary,"

Abhimanyu thought to himself.

"You will manage everything independently; kindly grant us the chance to contribute as well,"

Abhimanyu's grandmother remarked with a hint of authority in her tone.

"We haven't even properly seen our prospective daughter-in-law yet,"

she continued, indicating that there is much to be done before making any decisions.

Seated beside Abhimanyu's grandmother, his chachu looked at his mother with immense pride, acknowledging her words with respect.

Riddhima's mother quickly grasped the sarcasm in her words and fell silent for a moment.

"Come here, Riddhima, sit beside me,"

his grandmother beckoned.

Riddhima rose slowly and made her way to Abhimanyu's grandmother, taking a seat beside her.

"You're so beautiful, kisi ki Nazar na lge tumhe "

the grandmother said, looking at Riddhima affectionately.

"What else do you enjoy doing?"

she inquired of Riddhima.

"I enjoy dancing; I even attend dance classes as a teacher for young children on weekends,"