Chapter 32

Roxanne's (P.O.V)

"Just don't think about it." I said to myself as I sat in my car.

Sunny was inside still getting ready. That girl took forever to get ready whenever we had to leave the house. Whenever she decides to come out here we're going to go get the tattoos we talked about yesterday.

I wanted to get the tattoo, it's just that every time I thought about getting a tattoo of my own I cringed. It wasn't that I was afraid of the needle or anything I was just thinking about the long run and what it was going to look like in fifty years.

I always liked girls with tattoos even though I didn't have any of my own. Ivy had tattoos and she always tried to get me to get matching tattoos with her and I never agreed to. Now that I'm looking back on it I'm glad that I never got a tattoo with Ivy because I always thought matching tattoos were a bit cheesy.

For Sunny I would do anything even if that meant getting a matching tattoo.

"Are you ready?" Sunny said when she opened the door to the passenger seat and got in the car.

"Yeah, the real question is are you? You're the one facing your fears." I put the car in reverse and backed out of the driveway.

The drive to the tattoo place was short. When we got there it was just Cody and one other guy working.

"Sunny?" Cody said as soon as he saw us walk through the door.

Sunny kind of gave him a shy smile and look that said she had no idea what she was doing here.

"He works here?" Sunny said looking over at me.

"Yeah, my boyfriend owns the shop." Cody said answering for me.

"Hey, Cody! Think you can get us in?" I said looking around the place.

I haven't been here in awhile. I used to come here every other weekend and just hang out with all the random people getting tattoos, but when my friendship with Cody fell apart I stopped going.

I made a lot of friends from just making small talk with the people who would come and get tattoos here. I didn't really see them all that much though. The only time I would see most of them was at my parties. They would all usually hang out in the west wing, a part of the house I didn't show Sunny when she first came to my house for the party because that part of the house was filled with hard partying and sketchy people.

I haven't really had any more parties since I got with Sunny. I know the kind of people my parties attracted and they were not the kind of people Sunny would like, so I haven't really seen most of the guys I met here.

"You both want a tattoo?" Cody asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I smiled at him. I knew he found this all very interesting.

"Follow me." Thomas, Cody's boyfriend said as he led Sunny to the back room.

"You really are changing this girl." Cody said once we were alone.

"No, she's always been like that, but fear held her back from being who she really was and anyways she's the one changing me."

"You got that right. Since when does Roxanne want a tattoo?"

"Open your eyes Cody. The world is changing and so are the people in it." I said, going to the back of the room where Sunny was.

When I got to the back of the room I saw that there were random posters all over the wall and the lighting in the room was this shade of red. Thomas was on his computer doing something and Sunny was in a chair signing papers.

"Roxanne you know the drill." Thomas said as I took a seat in one of the empty chairs in the room.

"Right. Gotta sign some papers." I said as I watched him grab a small stack of papers from his desk and walked over to me.

Sunny and I both signed our papers in silence while Thomas went back to the front of the tattoo shop.

"So what were you two lovely ladies thinking of doing today?" Thomas said coming back quicker than he left.

I told them what Sunny told me on the cliff then we got started.

"Is the pain as bad as people say it is?" I asked Cody as we all watched Thomas set up everything.

"It depends where you get it." Cody replied.

"We just want it on the wrist." Sunny said as she watched Thomas pull out the needle.

"You'll be fine then." Cody took a seat in another empty chair.

"Okay ladies, who's first?"

"I will go first." Sunny said, getting up and going to sit in the tattoo chair.

At that moment I was so proud of Sunny. I couldn't believe how fearless she was being.

The room was quiet for a second then we heard a loud sound escape from Sunny's mouth as Thomas grabbed her wrist and the needle touched her skin.

"Roxanne, it hurts." Sunny said, as tears started forming in her eyes.

"It's okay, baby look at me."

Sunny's eyes met mine as a tear fell from her eyes.