Chapter 28

Roxanne's (P.O.V)

In the two weeks that I didn't see Sunny I went to therapy and just rested in bed. After what happened at the beach I needed to re-evaluate my life. I finally found someone to live for but she did not feel the same and I let the rejection get to me. I was the one chasing Sunny this whole time and somehow found my way into her life without really knowing if she actually wanted me there. I needed to know that she needed me as much as I needed her so I decided to let her come to me instead of constantly being the one to invite her to things and make all the moves.

Sunny didn't do what I was expecting her to do which was a little disappointing but I guess it's my fault for not communicating with her that I wanted her to want me in her life. The distance was only supposed to last a couple of days but it dragged on for two weeks. In those two weeks I was able to find balance and figure out who I was before I met Sunny and before I got sick again. After the little experiment I realized that it's okay to love people but don't let that love be the driving emotion that leads you to self destruction.

Sunny didn't want me, but I was willing to wait until she did even if that meant I'd be waiting forever.

I planned on going to Orlando to see the dance tournament after Sunny told me she was on the dance team that night on the cliff. I bought the tickets in advance and was going to go but I didn't know if I should be in Sunny's life anymore after the beach incident so I canceled my flight.

But when Sandy came to me on Friday night and told me what happened with Ethan I knew I needed to be here for Sunny this weekend so I got on the next flight to Orlando and came here. I never canceled my hotel room when I canceled the flight so I got the same room that I had when I originally booked the trip.

I arrived in Orlando this morning and did not expect to see Sunny in the room connected to mine and I definitely did not expect to see her at the restaurant.

She did not seem happy to see me because she shut the door in my face earlier today and she told me to leave at the restaurant.

She seemed to have changed her mind about my presence here because she was smiling at me while she did her dance. I was so proud of her for doing her routine without messing up. I wanted to say hi after the show but she seemed busy celebrating with her team and I only got a glimpse of her mom and sister but they seemed happy for her and were also celebrating with her so I just left without saying anything to her.

I didn't realize I was zoned out until I heard my phone ring.

I pulled my phone out of my jean pockets to see Sandy calling.

"Hey," I said, answering the phone.

"So how is everything going? How was your flight?" I heard Sandy's voice come in on the other line.

"Everything is fine I guess. She doesn't want me here for some reason."

"Roxanne, you haven't spoken to her since we had the bonfire and the last thing you said to her was pretty mean so I don't know."

"Ugh, I know I messed up but that's why I gave her space. You don't think she's mad about us not seeing her for two weeks do you?"

"She didn't do what we thought she'd do so maybe she really doesn't want us in her life."

"Yeah, coming here might of been a m-" Before I could finish my sentence I heard a knock on my door.

"Sandy, hold on. I'll call you back later." I said hanging up.

I went to answer the door and when I opened the door I saw Sunny in sweatpants and her dance jacket.

"Hey, you did amazing tonight." I was happy to see her.