Chapter 26

Sunny's (P.O.V)

"Thank you!"

I waved to the taxi guy before going in Hampton Inn, the hotel I was going to be staying at for the next three days.

When I made it inside I saw my whole dance team waiting in the lobby.

I went to the desk to check in. "Hi, I'm Sunny Lassiter and I'm here to check in."

"Sunny you said?" The guy at the front desk asked.

"Yeah, Lassiter."

"Okay, let's see here." He said typing something on his computer. "Oh, there you are. Okay let's just do this and then that." I watched as he continued to type.

"It should already be paid for." I added in.

"Yep, okay you're all set." He said handing me the key to my room.

I took it and made my way to where my dance team was.

"Okay, Lassiter is finally here so we can get started now." Kaylee said as I took a seat in the only empty chair.

"Sorry, I'm late." I said as I put my bag down on the ground.

"Okay, ladies, tomorrow is a big day. You've worked your butts off these past two weeks. It's time your work pays off. I expect for us to go home with a trophy on Monday."

"Are the World of Dance judges going to be there?" One of the girls asked.

"Yes, a few of them will be in the crowd this weekend, so for those of you who will be competing in The World of Dance after you graduate I suggest you give it your best this weekend." Kaylee paced the room back and forth.

"What time do you want us at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex tomorrow?" Another one of the girl's asked.

"I want everyone there thirty minutes early. You have the whole morning and afternoon to yourself tomorrow, so go out and tour the city or something, but don't do anything stupid or tire yourself out too much." Kaylee paused. "Have a good night's sleep tonight and see you all tomorrow."

Most of the girls left to go do whatever and the rest stayed behind to catch up and chat in the lobby.

Like usual I didn't stay behind to talk to anyone and just went up to my room.

My room was on the third floor and when I got in there I saw that it was just like any other hotel room with one single bed, a tv, and bathroom.

I put my suitcase to the side, deciding to unpack it later.

After I was all settled in the room I messaged my mom.

Me: Hey, I made it. I'm in Orlando.

Mom: Yay! How was your flight?

Me: Long and boring. Slept for most of it.

Mom: Flights are usually like that.

Me: How are you?

Mom: I'm good. Alison just went to sleep.

Me: I can't wait to see you guys.

Mom: Us too! Have you spoken to Kyle yet? He told me you guys don't talk much these days. Is everything okay between you two?

Me: I haven't talked to him in awhile, but everything is fine. I've just been really busy.

Mom: Well, call him now. Let him know you made it here safely.

Me: Okay

Mom: I'll be over there first thing tomorrow. Love you! Bye.

Me: Ok love you too. Bye.

After I stopped texting my mom I just stared at my phone. I haven't talked to Kyle since the day we watched Titanic. I didn't know how to talk to him anymore.

I felt so guilty for having feelings for someone else while still being with him. I knew he was going to come see me while I was here and I would have to face him but that didn't have to be tonight. Instead of calling Kyle I turned my phone off and went straight to bed.