Chapter 23

Roxanne's (P.O.V)

"Do you think she's up yet?"

I recognized that voice. Where was I?

I finally decided to open my eyes to find out.

I looked around my surroundings to see that I was in a room that I didn't recognize.

The walls were painted purple and filled with posters and decorations. I noticed that I was laying on a twin sized bed and the door to the room was cracked open a bit.

I looked around the room again to see if I can find any clues that would tell me more about my surroundings when I saw a picture of Sunny and two older looking folks on the dresser that was in the room.

'What the hell was I doing in Sunny's room?' I thought as I put the pieces together.

I tried sitting up but was hit with such a huge headache I had to lay back down.

"Liz, she's up." I didn't notice Amanda standing by the door till now.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You got drunk yesterday and passed out on the beach. Sunny brought you here."

I winced a bit as the memories of the events yesterday came flashing back in my mind.

I pulled the covers off of me to see that I was wearing a nightgown. I hated nightgowns.

"Did-"

"None of us changed your clothes. It was Sandy who did. We thought you'd feel more comfortable if she did it since you've known her longer."

I smiled at her. "Thank you."

"I brought you some food." Liz said, poking her head in the room.

"Thank you guys for everything but I won't be staying." I said getting up.

"Girl, I'm sure you have a hangover lay back down." Liz objected.

"I can't stay."

"Why?" Both girls said at the same time. They looked at each other awkwardly before putting their attention back on me.

"I just can't. I need to be alone right now."

"Well, we're not kidnappers around here. We're not holding you hostage so you're free to go." I could tell that Amanda wanted to say more but was holding herself back for some reason.

"I'll go get my car keys and take her home." Liz said, walking away.

***

I looked out the car window as we drove through the town I knew like the back of my hand. I tuned out everything and I didn't really talk much to Liz as she hummed to songs next to me in the driver seat.

I knew I was going to have to face my friends and even Sunny soon. I didn't know what I was going to say to them. My friends deserved an apology for my actions yesterday, especially Sandy. I didn't know how I was going to explain how I got in such a terrible state but it was time I told them about my cancer.

"We're here." I heard Liz say as we pulled up to my place.

"Thank you so much for the ride." I said once I snapped out of it.

"It was my pleasure."

I waved at her before getting out of the car.

When I got inside the house I saw that my mom was the only one home.

"Roxanne, is that you honey?" I heard my moms voice from upstairs.

"Yeah, mom it's me." I said, closing the door behind me.