Chapter 18

Roxanne's (P.O.V)

"I hope Sunny's okay." I heard Sandy say from the passenger seat of Cody's car.

"Yeah, me too. She spent a lot of time in that bathroom." Cody said adjusting his seat belt.

"Maybe the popcorn was bad or something." Sandy suggested.

"You have class with her tomorrow, right? Maybe you can ask her about it then."

"Yeah, I will." I heard Sandy say right before I drowned out the rest of their conversation.

As we drove back to my place I thought about Sunny and the way she held my hand right before rushing to the bathroom.

I didn't know why she did that or what it could mean but it gave me a glimpse of hope that maybe just maybe she wasn't as straight as she thought she was.

I hope what happened wasn't going to put Sunny back in her shell. She's done such a good job of coming out since the day I invited her to my party. I really hope things won't be awkward between us. I don't even think Sunny was fully aware of what she did or really understands what happened, so I wasn't going to make a big deal out of nothing. I won't talk about what happened tonight unless she brings it up.

I leaned my head against the window before closing my eyes and going to sleep.

When I opened my eyes back up I saw that we were pulling up to my house.

"Okay, we're here." I heard Cody say from the driver seat.

"Thank you guys so much for hanging out with me tonight." I said opening the car door and getting out.

"Can I spend the night here tonight?" Sandy said taking off her seat belt and getting out of the car.

"Yeah, I'd love to have your company tonight." I smiled at her.

"Later guys." Cody said backing out of the driveway. Sandy and I waved as we watched him leave.

"Well, tonight was interesting." Sandy said as we headed towards the front door.

"Yeah it was."

When we got to the door Ivy was coming out with a suitcase in her hand.

No one said anything as she continued to walk past us and made her way to her car.

It didn't take long before Benjamin also showed up.

"Roxanne I'm so sorry about Ivy I-"

"Save it Benjamin."

No apology was going to make up for what Ivy did to Sunny. I wasn't going to accept his apology because I know that Ivy would do it again if she could and plus the wrong person was apologizing.

"Don't you think you were a bit too harsh on Benjamin?" Sandy asked as we made our way inside and started going up the steps.

Sandy had always had this fondness for Benjamin even after she found out about Ivy and him. She always thought of Benjamin as the big brother she's never had because he was really kind to her and treated her like a sister. Sandy saw Benjamin as family and she believed that family loved each other no matter what. That's why she never said anything bad about him when she found out what he had done to me even though she was on my side about the whole thing.

"The wrong person was apologizing, Sandy." I said as we finally made it up to my room.

"Oh, you want Ivy to apologize." She said moving to take a seat on my bed.

"Yeah, but we all know that's never going to happen." I said coming and laying down on the bed.

"So are you ever going to tell Sunny about your feelings for her? Everytime I looked over at you guys I saw you staring at her. It seemed like you couldn't take your eyes off her the whole movie."