Chapter 16

Roxanne's (P.O.V)

Cody and I ended up buying way more stuff than what we needed which made us spend way more time at the store than what we intended.

When we finally pulled up to the driveway of the house we saw Ivy's car parked in my spot.

I was glad Cody didn't ask any questions about the car as we parked by the lawn.

I waited for him to turn off the car before I took off my seat belt and got out of the car.

I didn't wait for Cody as I made my way inside.

I couldn't leave Sunny alone with Ivy and it wasn't Sunny I didn't trust but Ivy.

"Hey, is Sunny still here?" I said once I opened the door and saw Ivy walking by me.

"Oh, she went home. She said something about needing to do something."

Why would Sunny leave without saying bye?

"If you're thinking you can change her I would let that thought die now."

I gave her the death stare. "What are you talking about?" .

"She's straight." She simply stated.

"How do you know that?" I said annoyed.

"She said it herself. Even friend-zoned you."

My heart dropped at her words. I knew that Sunny and I couldn't be a thing right now because she was taken, but I didn't know that she was straight.

I felt like all my hopes had been crushed to pieces. Was there really no chance with her? Did I really fall for someone who would never see me as anything more than a friend?

I suddenly felt sick.

"I need to go." I started to leave.

"You really have changed haven't you? Falling for girls you know could never love you back the way you love them."

I know that she was referring to herself. After two years of dating I had found out that Ivy was straight the whole time she was dating me.

After I walked in on her and my brother at the beginning of the school year I found out that she had been seeing my brother the whole time we were together. I also found out that she never really loved me; she only loved the way I loved her. She had told me that she liked the attention I gave her and the way I was obsessed with her. She said she was afraid that I would stop loving her so she pretended to be gay and dated me just so I would stay in love with her. She loved the idea of someone being hopelessly obsessed with her to where she let it turn her into a horrible human being. She was far from the innocent girl I met as a child in History class years ago. She truly was the female version of Ethan Gunn, maybe even worse.

"Sunny is nothing like you. You don't know her." I said.

"Neither do you obviously."

"I know that she's not a manipulating piece of shit." I said trying to keep myself calm and not let her get on my nerves which I know is what she was trying to do.

"She will never love you." She paused. "Because for someone to love Roxanne back that would mean they would have to give themselves away as much as you gave yourself away and I don't see anyone ever falling for you like that, much less a straight girl."

"You know what I used to think that you were so brave for not ending up like your parents, but you're just like them if not worse." I said.

I could see the hurt in her eyes from my words but I wasn't about to take them back because I meant it.