Chapter 14

Roxanne's (P.O.V)

When I got home from school I saw that the house was empty, which I was really happy about.

I made my way upstairs and when I got to my room I threw my backpack on the bed. I opened the balcony doors to let some fresh air in.

I went back downstairs and made my way to the arts and crafts closet to grab some painting materials. When I had everything I needed I went upstairs to set up everything on the balcony.

Once I was done with getting everything set up I made my way downstairs again.

"So do you know when she's coming over?" Cody said, coming in the front door as I came down the stairs.

"No, we didn't really set a time for when she'll come over." I said, making my way towards the kitchen.

When Cody found out that Sunny was coming over today he insisted for me to let him make his tacos for us so I agreed to let him.

"I guess I should get started on making the food then if she's going to show up at any time." Cody said following me.

"The kitchen is all yours." I flopped down on one of the bar stools in the kitchen.

"How was school today?" Cody asked as he went in the pantry.

"It was fine. Nothing interesting happened today."

"So are you going to the bonfire Thursday?"

"Yeah, I go every Thursday. I haven't missed one yet. Why are you asking?" I said, looking at him.

"Oh, nothing, just making small talk."

The doorbell rang. I went to answer it.

"Oh hey." I said once I opened the door and saw Sunny standing outside.

"Hi, sorry I'm late. Dance practice went later than I thought it would. I didn't even have time to go home and take a shower.".

"We didn't really talk about when you'd come over so it's okay. Do you want to use my shower real quick? I have the clothes you wore to the party. I washed it for you and everything so it's clean."

"Really?"

"Yeah, come on in." I opened the door wider for her.

As we made our way up the stairs we heard a loud noise come from the kitchen.

"Are you busy? Was this a bad time to come?" Sunny asked when we stopped mid way up the stairs.

"No, it's fine. It's just Cody in the kitchen. He's making dinner for us." I answered her.

I watched as she moved down a couple steps.

"Hey, Cody!" Sunny yelled down the stairs.

"Hey, Sunny! It's nice to have you over again." Cody yelled back.

"Yeah, I'm happy to be here." Sunny said with a smile on her face.

"Okay, come on." I said, leading the way to my room.

When we got to my room I quickly grabbed

Sunny's clothes from my closet and handed them to her.

"Thank you so much for letting me use your shower." She said going into the bathroom.

"You're welcome!"

"Did you have a good day today?" Sunny's voice came from the bathroom.

"Yeah, my day was pretty good." I replied.

"That's good."

I wasn't really paying attention before but when I looked towards the bathroom I saw that the door was open with just a crack. I couldn't really see anything, but I knew she was naked. I looked at Sunny who was looking back at me. We stared at each other for a moment.

"So how did you and your boyfriend meet?" I said as I looked away from her.

I went over and closed the door all the way.

"Um, my dad worked as a fisherman for a while and so did Kyle's dad. When you're out on the water for so long you tend to get close with the people around you. My dad and Kyle's dad got close to where his family just became a family friend. My parents would invite Kyle's family over for dinner and stuff and that's how I got to know Kyle and his family."

"Ah, I see." I said.

"And it just turned out that Kyle and I went to the same high school so it wasn't long before we became really good friends and then started dating." She finished.

"So I take it that he treats you well then?" I said sitting on my bed.

"Yes, he's perfect."

I didn't know if I wanted to be this Kyle guy because he had Sunny or if I wanted to be his friend because he was really good to Sunny. One thing I knew though was that I could treat Sunny even better. If she was my girl I would make sure she knew how important she was to me every day and I would've never let her move so far away without me. I would've followed her wherever her future was taking her even if her plans didn't align with mine. But it sounds like this Kyle guy makes her happy and she really loves him so I wasn't about to stand in their way. Something in me adored Sunny so much to where I just wanted to see her happy even if that wasn't with me.

When I heard the water running in the bathroom I snapped out of my thoughts.

I got up from my bed and made my way out the door.

I went downstairs and saw that Cody was still in the kitchen.

"How are things going?"

"Pretty good. She's taking a shower right now. We'll start working once she's done."

"I invited Sandy. I hope it's okay with you."

"Oh, yeah that's fine."

I watched as he put something in the pot.

"Oh shoot. I'm forgetting an ingredient."

"Oh no," I said.

"I'm going to run to the store real quick and get it." Cody said, taking off his apron.

"I'll come with you." I followed him out of the kitchen.

"What about Sunny?" Cody asked.

"As long as you're only getting that one thing we should be back before she's done."

"Okay, let's hurry." He said as we made our way out the front door.