Chapter 10

Roxanne's (P.O.V)

I was really happy to see Amanda, but I was shocked to find out that the friend she and Liz were talking about when we were at Natural King was Sunny. I guess I was right. Sunny was depressed.

I didn't want Sunny to meet Ivy because Ivy wasn't a very good person but I guess some things were just out of our hands.

I was really happy that I didn't have to help my brother and Ivy move because that was the last thing I wanted to do today.

"Thank you so much for what you did back at my place. You saved me." I said to Sunny as we walked in Avon, the movie theater that was just a few minutes from where I lived.

When we were in the car Sunny had me pick between two numbers and whichever number I picked that would decide what we do for the day. The numbers were two and seven. The number two was for the movies and seven was for the aquarium. I picked two not knowing what seven was at the time so now we were going to watch a movie.

We just paid for our tickets outside and grabbed some snacks for a romantic comedy we were going to watch called Over the Blue Mountain.

"You saved me at your party the other day so I thought it was only fair that I do the same." Sunny said as we entered the theater room that was showing our movie.

"Well, thank you." I thanked her again.

"So, why is she moving in? I know it's not because you guys are back together....you won't even look at her." Sunny said as we found our seat.

That was the question I was avoiding. If I told her why Ivy was moving in with me I would have to tell her about my cancer and that was something I wasn't about to do.

I didn't want to lie to her because I thought a relationship built on lies was trash so I just changed the topic.

"You look really pretty today Sunny, are you going somewhere fancy?" I said, complimenting her.

"Um, no not really. I just got back from church, that's why I look like this."

She definitely noticed how I just changed the subject because she made a confused face when I complimented her instead of answering her question.

"Oh, nice," I said, eating some of my popcorn.

We sat through a bunch of movie trailers before the one we came to see finally started playing.

The movie was interesting enough to hold my interest till the very end, but Sunny was more invested in it. She was crying towards the end of the movie because the couple ended up not getting together at the end.

"I just don't understand why they didn't end up together. They were perfect for each other." Sunny said, wiping her eyes as we walked out of the movie theater.

"Sometimes stars just don't align, Sunny."

"But their stars did, that's what I don't understand."

"Not everyone gets a happy ending. That's why I kind of liked the movie even though I'm more into horror because it was realistic." I said as we made our way to an open area.

"What do you want to do now?" She asked.

"We can go see another movie. Oh, how about this one?" I said pointing at the screen that had the showings for a horror movie called Beyond The Horizon.

"Roxanne we can't just watch another movie without paying for it."

"Yeah we can. Who's going to stop us?" I said making my way towards the theater room that was playing the movie.