1325: The Forever Disappeared Number

"What... what?" Wu Lun's hand trembled as she poured water, almost dropping the kettle. She hastily steadied it and turned her head to glance at Lin Sanjiu and He Huan, her face a bit pale. "Everyone... everyone was captured together?"

He Huan's spacious and comfortable apartment had recently become a base for Lin Sanjiu. Since she met Han Jun's wife and returned the phone, her search plan had proceeded smoothly without any further mishaps. Sometimes, when Wu Lun rested, she would come along for fun; however, she and He Huan always seemed somewhat distant, and Wu Lun didn't seem to enjoy hearing about anything related to posthumans - every time Lin Sanjiu mentioned it, she would uncomfortably turn her head away.

It was rare for her to be startled and blurt out involuntarily like this... it seemed that even if she didn't like it, she had been listening all along.

"Well." Lin Sanjiu carefully observed the girl standing in the kitchen in a daze and slowly said, "We found many factories abandoned in the outskirts. The factory buildings are all empty, and the entire factory area is like a dead city. It's perfect for accommodating them."

Even if those dozen or so people wanted to call for help, no one would hear their cries.

Wu Lun wiped her face and slightly calmed down. She turned around and continued to handle the pot in her hand, her back to Lin Sanjiu, asking, "They were suddenly taken away... they must have been frightened, right?"

That was inevitable. Only she would consider whether hostages would be scared when abducted by kidnappers.

"After dinner, are you... going to look for them? Where exactly is the factory?" Wu Lun absentmindedly grabbed a handful of noodles and put them in the pot, asking softly. She seemed to have something to say recently; thanks to her mother's theory of hot noodle soup, Lin Sanjiu had eaten at least four or five meals of hot noodle soup these past few days, and she didn't know if Wu Lun was trying to comfort the one eating the noodles or the one making them.

"Yeah, but I won't harm them."

As she replied, she slowly reached out and picked up the phone on the coffee table, flipping it over a few times. Wu Lun was careless; she didn't like using phone cases. This old model phone already had several scratches on the back and was casually placed on the table.

He Huan, who had been lazily leaning on the sofa, raised his eyebrows slightly and smiled faintly. At a volume that ordinary people couldn't hear, he asked, "Do you want to see her phone?"

His mind was indeed sharp.

Lin Sanjiu sighed. She knew Wu Lun's password; she just needed to glance at it from afar when Wu Lun unlocked her phone. Opening it would only take a minute, but there was an invisible barrier.

She looked at the girl in the kitchen.

"Wu Lun," she simply called out, skipping the hesitation. "Can I look at your call records?"

The figure in the kitchen paused momentarily but didn't turn around. The chopsticks stopped a few centimeters above the pot as if she had forgotten what she was about to do. "Why do you want to see that?" Wu Lun asked.

Lin Sanjiu slowly said, "I want to find a phone number."

Wu Lun put down the chopsticks as if she wanted to turn around but turned back again, still facing away. "Then... then go ahead."

Considering the strict control over phone numbers in this world, it was surprising how numerous the harassment, fraud, and sales calls were. Wu Lun received an average of one of these calls every two days, not to mention various junk messages. Lin Sanjiu bypassed all the brief missed calls and voicemails, scrolling to the call records from June 10th.