1313: The Truth About This World

At three in the morning, Lin Sanjiu stood in the rustling night wind, bowing her head to look at the buildings not far away. The dim yellow light of the street lamps seemed to be fireflies floating on the dark night river; the wind flowed from under her feet, rushing into the vast sky, ultimately returning to silence.

In the process of breaking in, speed was crucial.

Even at three in the morning, cars passed by occasionally in the city center with a population of over ten million, and where there were cars, there could be witnesses. The shorter the intrusion process, the lower the chance of being seen. Lin Sanjiu sighed softly and crouched on the edge of a narrow ledge just wide enough for two hands.

At this moment, she was standing on the tenth floor of a tall building next to the museum—it was much easier to break into an office building than a museum. Between this commercial building and the museum were two streets and a green area; looking down from here, a row of green trees stood in the dark night, their crowns resembling floating duckweeds extending all the way to the museum.

With a leap, Lin Sanjiu soared into the wind.

A rope made of Higher Consciousness was tied around her waist, with the other end firmly biting into the edge of the office building's outer wall; in the fierce wind, she grabbed the rope and kicked hard against the outer wall, soaring high towards a large tree with thick branches reaching outward. [Defense Forcefield] enveloped her entire body. Even though countless branches swiped across her body and broke, they only caused ripples on the [Defense Forcefield]. As soon as Lin Sanjiu grabbed the branch, she immediately retracted the rope and threw it towards the lamppost across the street; at the same time as her foot touched the ground and the branches broke, she had already leaped towards the top of the lamppost.

The museum was only one story tall, and the surveillance cameras mainly covered the ground. The security personnel in the monitoring room probably wouldn't expect someone to pass through from above all the surveillance cameras, through the dark night sky where only birds could fly, and gently land on the museum's roof.

When Lin Sanjiu landed, she immediately lay down on the roof. She was dressed entirely in black, moving swiftly and quietly. In the absence of light, she could almost blend into the darkness—lying in the shadow cast by the rooftop, she swept around and found no surveillance cameras on the roof. Ordinary people couldn't reach the roof without climbing up from the exterior wall, so there was no need to install surveillance cameras on the roof; otherwise, she would have to activate [Pygmalion Choker] with a recording device, which would shorten her time to move around inside the museum.

Following her memory of the spatial location, she crouched down on the rooftop and found the area corresponding to the Pygmalion Choker.

It was not easy to create two pits on the solid concrete rooftop. She placed her hands in the shallow pits, palms facing each other, and surrounded them with a layer of Higher Consciousness. [Mosaic Censorship] instantly shattered the rooftop, and rubble and cement flew everywhere, hitting the [Defense Forcefield] with a popping sound. The flying debris and thunderous noise were all trapped under the Higher Consciousness shield, as if stifled, unable to stir up the night.

The rooftop was thick, and just one explosion didn't completely break it. Lin Sanjiu carefully took out half of a manhole cover—already cut into pieces before she arrived—and she elongated and sharpened its shape using [The Power of Word Picture]. In just a few seconds, she turned the manhole remnants into a crowbar; she aimed it at the remaining concrete and smashed it to pieces in five or six strikes. Before the debris fell, they all disappeared into cards in her palm.

She could see the silent glass cabinets in the exhibition hall by just lowering her head and looking through the large hole.

Although Lin Sanjiu didn't understand the museum's security system, she had heard about the defensive measures of various organizations' strongholds in Twelve Worlds, even in bits and pieces: high-definition infrared cameras were essential, but besides that, it would be best to assume that there were vibration sensors, microphones, and glass break detectors activated at night.