27

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

Good morning, everyone, it's a bright new day and I am starting a new job today.

Ed and I are on our way to Atkins's group. Since it was my first day working there, Ed insisted on dropping me off.

"So Ava good luck with your new journey."

"Thanks, brother."

"Try not to poison your boss with your coffee."

"Hey, I thought you liked my coffee."

"Yes, that's why I insisted on making it for both of us."

"But initially I made it for you at least thrice daily," I said in disbelief.

"I felt really bad dumping it, but that was the only excuse I had to meet you." He said looking guilty.

"So you are saying that you never drank it." Unbelievable.

"That saved us a few trips to the hospital, you should thank me." This man, I'll murder him.

"So mean, Ed. I don't wanna talk to you, I am going." I said and turned my face towards the window.

"Ok angel, I am sorry. I was kidding. Your coffee wasn't deadly, it just wasn't very appetizing."

"You-" I was about to shout when he interrupted me.

"Reality hurts sweetie but I can make it better. I have a gift for you." He said too sweetly.

"If didn't like the gift, I am not talking to you for two days," I said warning him.

"Give me your chain." He asked me.

"Why this was my birthday gift."

"I am not taking it forever, I'll return it." He said so I unclasped the chain and gave it to him. He added a beautiful shell pendant to it and gave it back to me.

 He added a beautiful shell pendant to it and gave it back to me

"That's cute."

"It's not just cute Ava, it's important."

"Always wear it and remember what I am saying now when you press this pearl hard enough, it sends a notification on my phone with your location, and if you press it twice, it will notify the police as well."

"Ed I know I am working in your nemesis office, but it's not some enemies base camp." I said laughing.

"Ava wear it for my peace of mind. I pray you never get into a situation where you have to use it but always have it on you." Now, I can't deny when he requests like this.

"Okay Eddy my Teddy, anything for you."

"Thank you Ava my Chava. Take this as well."
He handed me two of my favourite dark chocolates and a bouquet of crocheted tulips.
He gave me sunflowers on my first day as his assistant.