24

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

Today is Friday, I am working at the King's office. Tomorrow is Ed and my birthday. I am nervous about what I should gift to Ed. That man is a billionaire for God's sake. I know the gift should be handmade, something that money can't buy. While I was thinking about the gift, my phone rang. It was an unknown number.

"Hello, am I speaking with Miss Avaline Knight?" The lady asked.

"Yes"

"Congratulations, Miss Knight, I am Stella from Atkins Group, you have cleared your interview and have been selected for the post of executive assistant for the CEO."

"Really, thank you so much."

"We will expect you to be here on Monday at 9 a.m. " That soon but ok.

"Sure."

I Can't believe it, I am so happy today, I have worked at Kings, and now I'll be working for Atkins. Both were my dream companies. I rushed out of my cabin and barged into Ed's office.

"Eddy my Teddy, you won't believe it."

"What happened Ava my Chava."

"I got selected, in the company I was hoping for, can you believe it."

"Yes, I can believe it, after all my princess is so smart and talented. Come let's celebrate with your favourite chocolate ice cream."

We both went to the ice cream store and Ed ordered some fancy chocolate ice cream sundae for us.

It was our thing, we celebrated my success with chocolate ice cream and his with mint chocolate.

After having the chocolate beauty, I calmed down a bit and my brain started working again. I realised I need to talk with Ed, I can't avoid it any longer.

"Ed since you don't have any meetings for like next two hours, can we go to our place, I want to talk with you."

"Sure Ava, is everything alright? " He asked worry evident on his face.

"Everything is fine, let's go."

Our place is a really beautiful spot in the woods, we found it when we adamantly asked our father to take us camping. He was busy so he sent us with a guard. After setting tents, Ed and I were playing tag, when I ran a little deep inside the woods. Thankfully Ed followed. We found this beauty while exploring our way back. It was so peaceful and calm here that we were always craving to come back. That's how it became our spot.

We both settled on the big rocks while facing the river

We were enjoying the serenity when I broke the silence.

"Ed you asked me the name of the company I applied for. I'll you but promise me you won't get angry." I said with a pout.

"I promise Ava, I won't get angry. And if you don't want to, you don't have to tell me, it's alright." He is a gem.

"No, I want to tell you. I applied to Atkins Group, for the executive assistant for the CEO. I know they are your competitors and rivals. So if you are not comfortable about me working there, I can look for another company." I said in one go.

"When I started King's, we were the competitors of Knights. Everyone questioned why instead of working with Knights, I had started a new business in the same field. Ava that decision was taken professionally after doing all the R&D. What we are in our personal life, should not affect our professional life and vice versa. It is important to have a work-life balance. You can work anywhere princess, it doesn't matter if you are content and happy. Though I wanted you to be a part of Kings." This man, I am telling you is the best.

"That's not happening, Ed. Though I promise I'll never reveal anything about King's to Atkins."

"You don't have to promise me anything, I trust you, angel." Aww

"But you have to promise me something, Ed."

"What?"

"That you'll try to keep your anger in check and try to find a stable assistant for once. Also, don't fire your employees left and right, you should learn to give second chances." I said very seriously.

"I do give them a second chance and fire them on third. By the way, when are you joining from."
I know he just asked me to change the topic so I let him.

"From Monday."

"That's soon."

"Tomorrow is our birthday, I don't know what I should gift for you." I said randomly.

"Ava you know I don't take gifts from you because I believe that you itself are the best gift that I got on my birthday. Nothing can counter that." We'll see.

"I'll give you something that won't be able to say no to." I challenged.

"We'll see that. And no office tomorrow so today unfortunately is the last day of us working together." Now, that's sad.

"Ed it was amazing working with you, I learned so much and I'll miss King's" I said honestly.

"King's and I will miss you more. Wipe your tears princess, you will always be a part of King's. You might not be an assistant but you are still a shareholder, remember."

I hugged Ed. We spent some more time sitting there and talking before going back to the office.

I didn't have much work to do today, I just wrapped up my stuff and planned for tomorrow.

I planned to keep things simple because I didn't have any ideas or time to plan something big. After office, we both left in different cars as we both had stuff to take care of. I'll do the decorations while Ed will bake the cake. If we reverse the roles, instead of the candle, I'll light up the entire house.

I went to the mall and picked up all the stuff I'll need for the decorations and the gift.

As soon as I reached home, I ran to my room and locked the door. I have a gift to work on.

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

QOTD: Pick one: Zombies, Vampire or Werewolf.

Vampire (Team Edward always)