Chapter 1-10

Chapter One
Turn off the lights small medium large
Previous chapter: Work relatedNext chapter: Chapter 2

The torrential rain is endless, the sky is as dark as ink, sewage higher than ten stories is submerged above the head, countless rotting corpses are surrounding you, the air is filled with the smell of carrion and sewers, which makes you sick and makes you whole body. Chills.

Si Nan floated on the water, his feet stuck in a small crack in the building wall, unable to move. He watched helplessly as a bloated corpse with a terrifying face rushed straight towards him with the current, and he had to lower his head and sink into the water. Avoid direct impact from the corpse.

Dirty water full of filthy bacteria entered her nose, eyes and throat. Simon couldn't help coughing. Every time she coughed, she would swallow a mouthful of sewage, which made her chest hurt. She wanted to come up to the surface to breathe, but she couldn't move her feet. It was like she was born in a crack in the wall, and no matter how hard she struggled, she could not escape.

She struggled helplessly in the water and cried out for help, but she seemed to be the only living person in the whole world. No matter how she screamed, the only things that appeared in front of her were the horrific corpses washed away by the water.

Gradually, her strength was drained away. The bursting chest and the feeling of suffocation made it impossible for her to breathe. She slowly closed her eyes, and her hands drooped weakly. She sank straight to the bottom of the water, all the way down to the ten floors soaked in the water. In the incomplete buildings, there were many dark black eyes with malicious intentions hidden...

"Ah——!"

After a scream, Si Nan woke up from the nightmare, with a pair of clear eyes open, panicking. Look around.

The snow-white ceiling, the large medicine bottles, the slow-flowing infusion tubes, the pungent smell of disinfectant, and the faint stinging pain in her body all reminded her that she was in a hospital ward. The scene she had just seen... Just another nightmare she had.

One night three months ago, on her way home from overtime work as a social worker, she encountered two men with knives who were slashing, beating and molesting a thin girl.

She already felt abandoned by the world and suffered from depression. During that time, she had many bad thoughts. She was a bit cowardly and was afraid of the pain of committing suicide. She was also afraid that when she committed suicide, she would burden society and cause trouble to others. , and a little nostalgic for the world, always wandering between death and immortality.

When she heard the girl's shrill cries for help, but the people around her chose to turn a blind eye, she hesitated for a moment and quickly rushed over.

Her idea was very simple. Since she couldn't die happily by herself, then dying to save others would be considered a life worth living.

Who would have thought that she was stabbed twelve times by gangsters and fell into a pool of blood. Everyone thought she would definitely die. After three months of rescue treatment, she actually recovered.

During the three months of treatment, she always had nightmares from time to time, and her dreams were all scenes of her struggling to survive in various natural disasters.

At first, she thought she was suffering from severe depression or improper treatment, which led to her delusions and dreams.

But one day at noon two months ago, when she was eating, she accidentally moved the food she didn't want to eat into another space similar to her spiritual thoughts. Only then did she realize that the nightmare she had was no accident. .