Prologue

***

Disclaimer: This is a work of friction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual person, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

***

It was a dark place, a forest to be exact. The wind was blowing and it was refreshing but I keep running from someone, I mean we. Some men in black keep chasing us and there are a lot of butterflies in my stomach as I never let go of her hands.

"Trixie, run faster."

"Kring I'm exhausted for real." she said as she catch her breath. I was catching my breath too but we need to be quite as much as we can.

"I know but we need to escape."

I heard a gunshot from a far that made Trixie scream and fall. As she fall down in the ground I fall as well. we both fall down on the ground but I immediately pull myself back and stand up.

"Kring save your life, I'll be fine."

"At sinong may sabi na iiwan kita. Pull yourself back and let's run together."

"But I can't do this anymore. Masakit na ang mga paa ko." I can feel that she's losing hope but it's not yet time to give up and lose hope. We can still run.

I immediately pull her up and pull her hands to run and hide in one of the big tree. I saw one of the men in black walking towards our direction so I cover her mouth using my hands.

"Manahimik ka kung ayaw mong mamatay tayo."

She silently nodded as tears escape from her eyes. My heartbeat was fast and I'm super nervous not for myself but for Trixie. I can feel she was scared. Nasaan na ba kasi si Jesrey at bakit niya ako pinapunta dito? Where on Earth is he? Habang palapit ng palapit yung killer mas lumalala ang kaba ko. Not for myself but for Trixie. Is this the end for the both of us? Or is it the end of one of us?

"KRINNNNNNGGGGGG!"