19

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

I had a really good time with Ed today. I could never imagine my boss, King, going to an amusement park and eating cotton candy with me. But I also never thought that Mr King would be my Eddy.

When we went for lunch, I wasn't really angry at Ed but I was in turmoil. I was so uncomfortable and out of place in that 5 or 7 or whatever-star restaurant, it was. People there were so different, so posh, like King.

I got a heart attack looking at the prices. I have been to such fancy restaurants before as well with King but I didn't care much. Though with Ed, I didn't want my brother to waste money like this.
I rambled about it to Ed that we better go somewhere else. But the judgemental look people around us gave me, Ed laughed it off but it wasn't funny to me. I realised that I am no one here, but Ed, he is a celebrity. I didn't say much throughout the entire lunch because I was afraid that I would embarrass him again.

When in the car, Ed held his ears to apologise, I didn't want to ruin his mood so I didn't say anything else just told him that I would treat him to dinner. I wanted to show him how I have been in those years, I couldn't be like the sophisticated girls he is often around. This Sophistication is Suffocating for me.

I am an introverted girl with a speaker fit in my throat. I am loud but that was needed when you wanted to be heard. In Ed's world, people around him, hold their tongues to not miss even a punctuation he says. This was not the case with me. Around me, everyone was shouting, the one who was the loudest, was heard.

I am not saying that I won't adjust or change now that I have to live with Ed. I will learn to be a part of his world. But I want to show him where I come from. So when the world judges me at least my brother will be by my side.

Later that night, we went to Ed's place. It was a beautiful penthouse divided into three floors. Each room was the size of my entire apartment. I was too tired to take a house tour, so Ed just showed me my room, which was adjacent to his. It was a beautiful room and the bed was so comfortable. I am sure I'll have a peaceful night with sweet dreams here.

A few minutes later, I heard Ed calling my name.
" Ed I just slept minutes ago, I am not getting up now."

"Ava my Chava, it's morning now. I made breakfast for us and it's getting cold. Get up now."

Oops didn't realise the date changed while I was sleeping.

" You eat, I sleep," I murmured and hid my face in the pillow.

Ed didn't said anything else, which I was very thankful for, until.

"Ed leave me, I will kill you," I shouted. This sick monkey brother of mine was tickling me in the early morning. He should not be allowed to tickle when he is not ticklish.

"Okay, leave me. I am up." I said and he left me and pulled me out of the bed and pushed me to the washroom. Though I planned to get back to sleep but now that I am already in the washroom, it's better to freshen up. I did my morning routine and went to the kitchen following the sweet devouring smell of waffles.

Ed served us breakfast and we ate it together.

"What's the plan for today?" I asked.

"Shopping," he said super excited.

"NOOO," I groaned.

"You still don't like shopping?" He asked.

"You still love to shop a lot," I said.

"These two days were mine, so get ready, we will be leaving in half an hour." He declared.

"But I already have enough things, I don't need more." I tried.

" That's for me to decide, though I'll take you for the movie after that, your favourite animated one."

" Fine, I'll get ready for the movie and ice cream that you will treat me later," I said and left for my room.

That was pretty much how we spent our day. We came back home with some twenty bags. It was way more than what I have shopped in my entire life.

The next day we have an office, and can't ignore responsibilities any longer. Though my dearest brother insisted would join the office next week he can't always get his way around me.

🌻🌻🌻

It's been a month since I got to know about Ed, life has been beautiful since then. I am still working as his assistant for now, he said that I should work for at least for few months and again experience while exploring other opportunities.

Ed and I come together to the office, he gets coffee for both of us. What, he insisted and he makes good coffee so I didn't complain. Then we attend meetings and work on files together. He doesn't treat me as his assistant but as his equal. I learned a lot from him. Then we have lunch together. More meetings before we go back home and have dinner. Orry and Sarah have been distant from me for some reason. We don't talk now and I am back to no friend zone. Though I have Ed, so I am not complaining.

A week ago, I had my convocation ceremony. Ed was so happy, he gave bonuses to all his employees and treated me to a lavish dinner. Then he gifted me a big shareholding in his company. Which I obviously denied but he blackmailed me emotionally to keep it. But I insisted he keep the transfer under wraps to which he agreed. I convinced him to also take decisions on behalf of both of us, so I'll be a dormant shareholder.

Everything was going blissfully until he came into the picture. Why can't we prolong this peace a little longer? Can't we ignore his existence just a little longer? I was happy in my life after 13 years. Can't I stay happy a little longer?

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

QOTD: What's the best gift you have received?