[ 029 ] a feast fit for queens (& king).

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA — CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE !

            INSIDE THE SNOW SHELTERED cabin, gentle sounds of even breathing filled the icy air

            INSIDE THE SNOW SHELTERED cabin, gentle sounds of even breathing filled the icy air. After the exhaustive events of the day, it hadn't taken long for everyone to rest their weary heads atop their pillows and drift into a deep slumber. The once bright and burning embers from the fireplace had dulled into a low flame, one that begged to be stoked.

           A strange, savoury smell wafted through the cabin. It crept through the cracks, almost seeping through the walls and traveled up the nostrils of everyone. It managed to rouse them all from their dreamless sleeps one by one. As eyes peeled open and big gulps of air were inhaled, everyone grew intrigued by the smell that emanated from just beyond the closed cabin door, outside in the snowy night.

"Is anyone else smelling that?" Stevie quietly spoke, her voice thick with sleep as she and the rest of them peered at the door with curiosity that continued to build with each passing moment.

Shauna was the first to approach the door. It opened with ease as the wind pushed against both it and her face. The rest soon followed behind her, each stepping outside into the punishing cold and crunching the snow beneath their feet.

A small gasp trickled past Nola's chapped lips when she emerged from the cabin. She couldn't believe her eyes, what she was seeing couldn't be real. While she stumbled through the snow and moved further out, she just couldn't tear her eyes away from the sight before her.

It didn't make sense but somehow it had happened. Jackie's body, which had been encompassed in flames for quite a few hours at this point in time, was seemingly cooked. Her skin looked so deliciously crispy like that of a rotisserie chicken.

And the smell !

God, the divine smell rivalled that of just about anything she had ever eaten before. It was sick, twisted even but as her mouth salivated and her stomach rumbled, she found herself not caring that her brain had immediately equated her best friend's barbecued to perfection body to food.

They all gathered around the pyre that displayed her body, watching as Shauna laid her hand upon her rumbling stomach before peering down at the golden skin of Jackie with hunger in her eyes.

"She wants us to."

They all sat gathered. Donned in gorgeous, white coloured fabrics that wrapped round their bodies so beautifully and accessorised by gold plated leaf bands that sat atop their heads perfectly. The table before them was decorated with the most stunning, mouth watering feast. Expertly baked loaves of bread, bowls of ripe and juicy fruit, boards of crackers and cheese. They all surrounded the true centre piece of the table, the golden skinned, crispy turkey.

Slowly but surely, each and every one of them fell to their knees around the pyre, swallowing down the saliva that continued to form within their mouths. The smell only grew more enticing, the closer to her body they got.

Shauna was the first to reach out. With her knife in one hand, she ran the sharp blade along the still sizzling flesh of Jackie's shoulder and hacked a small piece free before grasping at it using the fingertips of the other hand, the young girl ignoring the heat that burned at her skin.

Delicately and daintily, Shauna reached out and plucked up a single, ruby red strawberry from one of the various bowls of fruit. Everyone else watched on, invested in her every movement as she slowly raised up her hand and brought the strawberry to her rouged lips. She bit into the fruit and her taste buds were immediately met with the sweet, tart juice.

Everyone else watched on, invested in her every movement as she slowly raised up her hand and brought the piece of crisped flesh to her lips. She bit into the meat and her taste buds were immediately met with the savoury, almost smoky flavoured juice.

Following in Shauna's footsteps, Nola didn't hesitate to also grab from the table of food. A small hunk of bread was grasped between her fingers in seconds which she quickly brought to her own red tinted lips. It was like welcoming a small piece of cloud into her mouth. It melted away with each bite.

They all began to reach out and pluck various foods from the table, popping each and every piece into their ready to receive mouths.

Fingertips pulled at the body, tearing away the meat that separated from the rest with ease. Very quickly, large handfuls of Jackie's body was shoved into their mouths, smushing past their teeth and travelled down their throat and through their gullet. The flesh tore from the body bit by bit, cooked muscle by cooked muscle, with a satisfying snap as the crispy skin crackled deliciously in their juice soaked fingers.

Red wine poured into their mouths, overflowing and cascading like a waterfall down the expanse of their necks. Joyous laughter filled the air as they all continued to grabbed handfuls delightful tasting pieces of turkey. Crackers crumbled with each bite sending a mess of crumbs to their laps. Berries burst with juice, staining the skin that surrounded their mouths. Pomegranate seeds lay scattered across the table after bursting free from the fruit as it was split open.

Almost wickedly giddy laughter bubbled within Shauna's chest and escaped past her wine stained lips as she caught sight of the random bursts of berry juice that decorated along the expanse of Nola's neck and chest. Her hearty chuckles were cut off by the sudden shove of a strawberry into her mouth. The fruit sat gripped in her teeth, her lips wrapped around its middle. Nola smoothly leaned forward, her eyes locked upon Shauna's as she bit onto the other end of the sweet fruit, sinking her teeth deep inside.

They crowded round the body like a pack of wild animals, tearing and ripping with their hands until they just weren't working fast enough, weren't getting the food to their mouths fast enough. Then those very mouths were used. Teeth were bared and headed were buried in the body. Ivory met golden brown as they gnawed at the charred flesh, devouring her one ferocious bite at a time. The cold that once harshly nipped at their skin was forgotten as they snarled, grunted and groaned from satiated hunger.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

jamielee's thoughts.
chapter twenty nine. not proofread.
this scene felt like a fever dream the first time I watched it! it was also such a trip to have to write lol also yeah this chapter is literally just them eating Jackie but I felt it was important enough to warrant a chapter all by itself. anyway i hoped you enjoyed :)