15

13 years back

💮 AUTHOR 💮

"Come on Ava wakie wakie, we have to go to school." 13 years old Ed tried waking his little angel.

"Ed no school. I have a stomach ache. You go I'll take a rest here." 8 years old Ava said with an innocent face.

"Oh so bad that you have a stomachache today because I am going to the park after school and will eat an ice cream on the way back home. So sad your tummy is hurting, I can't even bring one for you."

"Eddy my teddy"

"Yes, Ava my Chava."
(Chava means life.)

"I think I'll feel better if you give me a hug and braid my hair."

"Eddy will do anything that makes you feel better." He tightly wrapped Ava in his warm embrace. Later they both got ready for school. As promised, Ed was braiding Ava's her, when she said,

"Ed, why our parents are always fighting? Don't they love each other? They don't even love us. They don't even spend time with us."

"Don't worry they will sort out their problems but do you know who loves Ava most in this world? And will always be there for you."

"Ed for Ava and Ava for Ed." Little Angel shouted in great enthusiasm as if she as solved some tricky riddle.

"Eddy you know my stomach still hurts little little. Can you carry me downstairs? I don't want to get hurt on the stairs and miss school." She said with a pout. She always threw these cute tantrums around because she knew her brother would never disappoint her.

 She always threw these cute tantrums around because she knew her brother would never disappoint her

Later they both went to school. Ed often acted way more mature than his age. He treated Ava like his daughter. They were each other's world. Ava isn't a naughty or spoiled child. All her tantrums are reserved for her brother, otherwise she is the most obedient and quiet girl.

Ed dropped Ava to her class and kissed her forehead before leaving for his class. Both of them don't have many friends, they only enjoy each other's company.

Ed was a self-dependent boy. He himself did his homework, studies, etc apart from taking care of Ava. He didn't trust any babysitter for his sister. While their parents were busy in their own lives, Ed raised Ava and took her responsibility.

Their day was spent full of love and laughter, unaware of the Strom looming over their heads. Ed put Ava to bed and kissed her forehead before going to his room. They had their own rooms but often they slept together today Ed had some homework left to complete, so he did it in his room and slept there.

The next day, Ed brushed his teeth and ran to Ava's room to wake her up. But her bed was empty. Ruffled bedsheets but his sleeping Beauty was nowhere. He checked the washroom, dining room and kitchen as well. He checked the garden, living room and his room as well. He searched the entire house twice before knocking on his father's door.

"Come in." He went inside after wiping his tears.

"Dad I can't find Ava anywhere. She is missing, can we call the police." He said in a shivering voice.

"Ed your sister is gone. I divorced your mother and while leaving this house, she asked Ava to choose either you or her. Ava said she couldn't live without her mom and left with that woman. I tried to stop her for your sake but she started crying. I even requested her to go to your room to say her last goodbye but she denied it and threw tantrums and left with her mom."

"This can't be true."

"I wish it wasn't son. I wish. But don't worry I called my assistant, she will move into our house with her daughter tomorrow. They will replace the void in our hearts. I will get a wife and daughter while you will get another mom and sister. Your new sister is not spoiled like Ava, she is so well-behaved, like an angel."

Ed was broken. He knew he could never replace Ava. Though he knew subconsciously that what his dad said couldn't be true. Ava never throws tantrums in front of anyone apart from him. Still, his 13-year-old heart was broken.

"Dad you wanted to send me to the boarding school, I declined back then but I am ready to go now. Please make the arrangements for me, I'll pack my stuff and leave."

"Good decision son but wait till tomorrow. Meet your new family first, then you may go."

"I'll meet them during the vacation, I want to go today only."

"Check Ava's room once before going, we need to vacate it as your new sister will move in there."

"NO, I mean give her my room, not Ava's. I'll vacate my room."

Dad nodded and Ed left the room with a heavy heart. He can't let anyone touch his angel's stuff. he packed his stuff and vacated his room. He kept his extra stuff in the store room and didn't even move a thing in Ava's. He put a lock in her room and kept the key in the chain around his neck. He still wears it.
That was the day, he never came back home. He got back to the city to start his company and lived in a motel until he had enough money to rent a house. His dad called him back when King's was a success. Though he went there for a meal but never stayed for a night.

Ava's condition was no different from Ed's.

That night Ava slept in her room but was woken in a different room. More like a different house.

She went from room to room looking for Ed. She was scared and only he could calm her down. In one room she saw her mom sleeping on the bed. She woke her up.

"Get off, let me sleep you brat."

"Mom, where is Ed? Why are we not in our house? whose house is this? Did Ed leave for school without me?"

"Stop with your questions Ava and get this in your head, your dad or Ed don't need you they think of you as a burden. Ed said he so himself that you are a brat and was always throwing tantrums. So now it's better you forget about them and be a good girl. We will live here only from now." Saying this she went back to sleep.

From that day the baby Ava died, she was replaced by a mature girl who was afraid to make any mistake. She didn't make friends because subconsciously she was scared to be left alone again. She built her walls too high and no one even ever tried climbing up.

She got busy in her life and worked harder and harder to make ends meet. She never complained or pulled a tantrum after that day.
Whenever she felt low, she talked to the teddy that she brought along while sleeping that night. She talked and slept with it. She called it Eddy the Teddy. She still have it.

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

QOTD: Are you a social butterfly or a homebody?

I am a homebody.