14

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

I woke up but I was feeling so disoriented. Wait I was in the office so when did I fall asleep? And why does my room look so clean?
I looked around and realised that I was in a hospital. How did I get here? Oh, I remember the pain and then I fainted after the meeting.

Looking further, I found King sitting on the chair beside me.

"King.." I trailed off.

"How are you feeling now, Miss Knight?" He questioned but his voice was cold and devoid of any emotions. He is scaring me.

"Much better."

"Great. The doctor said you can be discharged now. Let's go."

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I gave you a leave, which you didn't need, so now we are going for a meeting. I'll be waiting for you in the car. Hurry up." He said in the same no cold voice and left. Was he angry?

I quickly freshened up and looked at the time. Oh, Jesus! I have been out for more than three hours. Was King all time here only. If so, it's obvious he will be pissed. I rushed to the parking lot. Mark was driving while King was sitting behind. I sat beside King.

We had been driving for an hour and I think the effect of the painkiller has subsided because my stomach was cramping again. I tightly clutched my stomach.

King who was not even paying attention to me and was busy typing on his phone, miraculously handed me a heating pad. Where did he even keep it? The pad was already warm enough so I kept it on my stomach.

Then he handed me a chocolate bar. I took it from him and looked at him confusingly.

"Dark chocolate helps in relieving pain. Eat after we have lunch." I kept it beside me.

We had our lunch in a Michelin-starred restaurant. The food was delicious. This was the first proper meal I had in the past few days. I was stuffed. King didn't say a word the entire time, he even ordered for me, which I was thankful for. Looking at the prices only, I lost my appetite.

Back in the car, King again handed me the heating pad and chocolate. Only if he wasn't my boss, I would have eaten hir ear off for avoiding me. I am happy to see that he is so caring but at least he can also acknowledge me.

We rode for another half an hour. Thankfully when we stopped, my stomachache also subsided.

Why are we having a meeting on a ranch? I didn't question King but followed him.
We were going deeper in the ranch I couldn't stop myself from asking him now.

" Why are we here King?"

"For a meeting as I mentioned before, Miss Knight."

"On the ranch?" I questioned.

"On the ranch," he answered.

He stopped in front of a beautiful white horse

"Wanna go for a ride, Miss Knight?" He asked. I got a bit emotional seeing the white horse. It triggers a beautiful memory I have with that someone. I closed my eyes to control my feelings.

"Thank you for the offer, King. But if you don't mind, I would like to wait for you in the car." I said. I didn't wait for his reply and started heading towards the way we came from. But his next words stopped me. My heart skipped a few beats, and my breath stopped. My eyes rained. He said,

"Don't go, Ava, Rex would be upset. For years he has been waiting to eat pizza with you."

Ed. He is my Eddy. But how he is King, not Edmund? I turned towards him with glossy eyes. He was looking at me with tears flowing freely from his eyes.

He is not King, he is Edmund King Knight. My Eddy.

I wanted to run towards him and hug him, then slap him and hug him again. But my knees gave up. I sat on the ground and cried my heart out. All the emotions that I have kept locked in for so many years flowed freely through my eyes. As if they were telling Ed about all my pain, loneliness, hatred and struggles. Everything that I have gone through.

Soon I was wrapped in his arms, and we both were crying like babies. Like we would have 13 years back.

13 years back was a day I wished never came. The day we parted ways. The day we didn't even got to say our goodbyes.

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

QOTD: Sun or Moon

I choose Stars.
(Give my book more stars by voting.)

(Early update, your comments on the last chapter were the motivation to write it sooner.)