Hum-Tum-Ek-Kamre-Mein-Band-Ho

Roshni's POV

I have always heard from my dad about how wonderful a person my grandfather was, and I consider myself lucky to have had the opportunity to meet Agha Jaan. It's all because of Altamash; I know he is weird and has this I-don't-give-a-damn attitude, but he has taken care of Agha Jaan and got him back to us. 

With these thoughts, I entered Agha Jaan's room only to find Altamash leaving. I had to stop him, so I shouted, " Don't you dare step out the door!" I don't know why I yelled that, but I did what I did. He slowly turned, giving me a what-the-hell look, and warned me, " Excuse me, Ms Roshni Kabir Khan, mind your tone."

He seemed angry, but what he did for our family was far beyond this friction, so I hugged and thanked him. Yes, it was a bad idea to hug him; his warmth is something I crave. I met him just a few hours ago, but he has something in him that keeps pulling me towards him. My thoughts were interrupted by Mubraiz, my so-called fiance. He had come to inform me that my mother was looking for me, but my grandfather had other plans. He wanted Altamash to stay with us. 

Altamsh and I, will be staying in the same house, this is not right at all. This human can drive me crazy with his presence in just a few hours; what will happen to me if he stays for days? Ya Allah, yeh insaan tho mujhe pagal karde ga. Aur Mubraiz bhi tho isi ghar mein rahega, I think I should concentrate on Mubraiz. Altamash is just a guest, nothing more. Mubraiz is going to be my husband. Noor asked me to prepare the guest room, and he wanted to help me. 

"So even you are a doctor?" Altamash asked, breaking the silence. I turned towards him, and our eyes met briefly before he pulled back. "Nah, I'm in the last year of my Business School. Will be done in 4 months." I answered as we reached the guest room. I led him in and started arranging for things. Wasn't he here to help me? Why is he just standing and staring at me?

"Altamash, could you please pass me the box behind the door and don't-" Even before I could complete the sentence, the harm was done. He removed the door holder, and the doorknob had some problems, so we could only open it with the key from the inside, or the door could only be opened from the outside."Allah, we are stuck!" I cried as he looked at me with concern and astonishment. He gave a what's-wrong-with-you look, to which I explained the whole door thing.

"So technically, it is Hum-Tum-Ek-Kamre-Mein-Band-Ho-Aur-Chaabhi-Kho-Jaaye situation, right?" he said with a smirk. Is he for real? He wants to joke in a situation like this!! I rolled my eyes to him, and he said, "Okay, sorry. Do you have your phone, as mine ran out of battery?" I nodded my head in a no, which made him sigh. Why am I getting to these weird situations when this dude is around? I thought to myself as he slowly started to walk towards me with his intense eyes pinned on mine.