The Hug

Altamash POV

"it's Altamash, sir. Ram died the day he wore the uniform for our country." I corrected sir for addressing me as Ram. "Now, I will leave for the base and will keep you updated."

I was leaving when I saw her barge into the room with her sister. My heart skipped a beat, and I worried they heard my conversation with Agha Jaan, but their expressions spoke something else. Both had tears in their eyes and hugged their grandfather. For a fraction of a second, I felt bad for them as their grandfather didn't return because he loved them but with some other motive.

I thought to myself, "Shut up Raaa..., no no, Shut up Altamash, he did return for love, which was way superior to the love he must have had for his family, his love for his country."

As I opened the door, I heard her sweet voice threatening me not to take a step out, which did come as a surprise. It was evident that Agha Jaan was trying hard not to chuckle as no one to date dared to speak to me like that. She slowly walked towards me and gave me a whats-wrong-with-you look.

"Excuse me, Ms Roshni Kabir Khan, mind the tone", I warned her, for which she halted he walk for a minute and resumed it with a frown on her face, making her look even cuter. 

With less than a centimetre between us, my heart raced as she hugged me and said, "Thank you, Altamash, for taking care of Agha Jaan. I always wished for him to stay with us, but I was told otherwise. Papa told me how your parents helped Agha Jaan in his worst days, and you stood as firm as a wall for him. I will forever be indebted to Altamash. I promise to give whatever you want for the invaluable help you."

Why, Roshni, why are you making it hard for me? I'm here only for my country. I can't make any relations here. God, please help me, this girl is making me weak, and I can't afford to have a weakness at this stage. I have to distance myself from her, and she will just be an asset, nothing more or less. My thoughts were interrupted by Noor, who requested that I have dinner before I left and invited me to her wedding festivities as I'm part of the family now. That request exactly fits our plan. The only thing out of the plan was Roshni's power to pull me. 

"Thank you so much, Mahnoor. I will be there." I informed Mahnoor, trying to avoid Roshni. 

"Noor, Roshni, Phupho(aunt) is calling you, chalo" spit the monkey, Mubraiz, as he held Roshni's hand, leading her way out. His attempt to hold her hand was wasted as Agha Jaan said "Noor bache, Altamash ko kya hum aapne sath rakh sakte hai aapki shadi katam hone tak? Woh humare dyaan rakh lega aur hume time lag jayega to get used things here, so he will be of help" 

I tried to oppose him as staying in the same house as that monkey wouldn't be easy, but Agha Jaan signalled that I should not do so. Therefore, I gave in as Noor agreed with great happiness and ordered Roshni to prepare the guest room for Altamash's stay. "I will go and help her sort the room. At the end of the day, she is doing it for me", I blurted out and walked along with Roshni, brushing Mubraiz out of the whole scene. This was not the right decision AT ALL.