10

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

It was Monday and I was standing outside the King's Group. It feels like my first day all over again. I remember the thrill and excitement I felt that day for working in my dream company but the happiness is now replaced with nerves as I'll be working under the CEO of that company.

It was 8.30 so I entered the building and went to the 25th floor. I am a little early so that I would have some time to wander around the floor.

The 25th floor is the devil's den. It has a reception office, a giant office for the CEO, an office for his assistant, two conference rooms and a small pantry.

I won't even have a bird to talk with while working here. The receptionist is a mean lady and my boss is a different story. I would prefer to be mute over socializing with them. I'll miss the 17th floor, the environment there, Sarah and Orry and even my boss Mr Richardson and his wife's delicacies.

Having no other option, I quit complaining and went to my new office and arranged all of my stuff there.

Soon the clock struck at nine and it was time for my punctual boss to make an entrance. I didn't know how to greet him, so I waited in my office only.

After two minutes, he knocked at my door and entered. I stood up to greet him.
"Good morning sir."

"Morning Miss Knight. Please call me King. Happy to see you here. Meet me at five in my office with a black coffee, no sugar, I'll brief you about your job. And here, this is for you." He handed me a crochet sunflower bouquet and left my cabin.

The bouquet was so cute. It has a card, that says,
"Never fade away."

King surely deserves some brownie points for this lovely gesture

King surely deserves some brownie points for this lovely gesture. This is the first bouquet I ever received in my life. And I am happy that it will never whither. I arranged it on my table and hurriedly rushed out to the pantry.

I made his coffee and knocked on his door. I went inside when he said, "Come in."

"Miss Knight, you are my assistant you don't need to knock, just get in next time." He said, I nodded and sat on the chair in front of him.

"This is my schedule for this week, from next week you'll arrange my meetings. I am forwarding this to you, every morning, the first thing I need to know about the daily plan. Followed by my coffee. You'll accompany me to all the meetings and take notes. Roughly this would be all. Now you can go through this file, we have a meeting in an hour." King handed me the file and I left his office.

Now I know why King is paying me double the salary, God I deserve it. The entire day is spent attending meetings after meetings and I am drained.

King is not a King, he is a robot. I left the office around 8.30 and he was still working. He drank around five cups of coffee. I had lunch in a five-star restaurant with King as we had a meeting there.

I am happy that I won't have to go to the convenience store from now and also have a car to take me home, otherwise, I would have slept in the office only. It would be better than walking all the way home after this tiring day.

🍁 EDMUND 🍁

Today I was excited to go to the office. I am sure my princess would be there. It will be our first day of working together, I want to celebrate it with her. Unfortunately, I can't disclose our relation. I ordered a simple but beautiful crocheted sunflowers for her. Sunflower is her favorite flower or shall I say it was when we were together.

When Ava was a baby, she was so against plucking flowers. She believed that whenever someone plucks a flower, it hurts the plant and flower so much that the flower withers and dies. One day when her friend gave a rose to 5-year-old Ava, and the flower died the other day, she cried for two hours.
That's why the crocheted flower.

Tch tch, I can't let my little sister call me 'sir'. It felt so wrong and heartbreaking, so I asked her to call me King. Though I want her to call me Eddy like she did years ago. I miss that Ava. I miss her hugs and cuddles.

I wanted to have lunch with her so I staged a lunch meeting in my favorite restaurant. I was happy to share a meal with her. Soon the day came to an end, I know she was exhausted but unless I tell her that I am her Eddy, I can't pamper her like I want to. I can see a glimpse of my 8-year-old Ava in my 21-year-old assistant. She is still the same innocent and sweetest angel of mine.

Her bodyguard called me and told me that she was safely inside her home and that the other guard was stationed outside her home for the entire night.

Knowing that my princess is safe, I'll sleep in peace tonight. I quickly wrapped up my work and went to my home.

When you are happy, something sour has to happen. I was happy today but then my dad a.k.a Mr Knight called me and insisted on meeting which I very politely refused. He was adamant, so I disconnected the call.

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

QOTD: Are you realistic or a dreamer?

I am a dreamer for sure. I live in my world. It's more beautiful than the life I am living on this planet.