4

It's been two weeks in Lakewood High after the infamous fight between Jaeden and Milo and finally everything seemed to be going back on track. The rumors had died down by the forth day, and people started moving on about their lives.

I was just glad to get my best friends back. We could go back to talking about how pineapple didn't belong on pizza and why Europeans secretly hate the Americans.

I had finally thought everything would go back to normal.

Key word: thought.

I was in Mr. Wizz's class and he was currently explaining why chemical reactions or something along those lines. I hadn't gotten enough sleep last night because Mom hasn't fixed Boogie's night light and sleeping in my room has became a habit. The problem wasn't him sleeping in my room, it was the way he slept.

He still kicks, pulls the sheets and snores. I thought at first I would get used to it, but I slowly learned there was no getting used to Boogie's sleeping. I was only able to catch at least two hours of sleep last night.

"While chemical bonds have great energetic interactions chemical bonds also break in reactants and new chemical bonds are formed in the products-"

Mr. Wizz was interrupted by the abrupt opening of his classroom door. Eyes followed the noise to the person who had opened the door.

It was Milo. Oh great.

The room started filling with soft chatter.

He was wearing a black hoodie with a pair of grey sweatpants and sneakers. His hair was disheveled as if he just woke up and decided to not run a comb through it. On his chin there was a long scar. For someone who was in a fight a few weeks ago, he looked good.

But not in a weird way.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Peterson?" Mr. Wizz voiced.

Milo handed Mr. Wizz a piece of paper, "I'm getting my classes changed,"

His voice sounded faded, in a way that was not strong but coarse, like he had a sore throat. Not the voice people usually would put Milo's name on.

Mr. Wizz read the sheet of paper he was given and nodded, "I see. Pick a seat and try to pick up where I left off. "

Milo nodded and turned his head slightly, observing the area for a seat.

I doubted he would sit in the empty desk next to me because of a collection of friends he might have in this class.

Before I could fathom another thought, I saw a tall figure settle down in the desk next to me. I looked beside me to see Milo. 

In the fucking flesh sitting next to me.

***

"Yeah, you're fucked." Kelly noted, munching on another carrot. Lunch had finally rolled around and I could finally express my built up anger.

I rubbed my temples, "Kelly, you're not helping at all."

I couldn't even eat knowing, I was going to have to sit by the most well-known and gossiped person in Lakewood High for the next four months.

Kelly shrugged, "Sorry, but it's true"

"You could always find another seat to sit in," Arianna inquired, while she looked at herself on her compact mirror.

"No way, i've sat in that seat for three years in a row, why ruin a streak? Besides, I can see the board perfectly from there," I voiced.

Kelly rolled her eyes, placing a not-so-comforting hand on my shoulder, "Eve, you're thinking too much into this. I bet he didn't even know you were even there, trust me, Milo's got other things on his hands,"

"But-"

Kelly covered my mouth, hurriedly, "No buts. You just do you, he's gonna do him. Okay?"

She was right. Milo wasn't even probably thinking about the stupid seat. He probably didn't even care about the class itself. I need to stop overthinking and move on.

But how could I move on when someone you hated all your life is sitting next to you.

"Anyways, on a lighter note, sleepover at my house?" Arianna exclaimed, snapping her compact mirror shut signaling for our attention.

Kelly smirked, "Hell yes, you know I love your moms Tres Leches cakes,"

Arianna beamed, her hazel eyes landing on me, "Eve? What about you?"

"I have homework-"

Kelly cut in, "Evelyn stop being such a wus, we all know that homework barely gets touched when you get home anyways,"

I sighed with a small smile crawling on my lips, "Okay, but for your information I do do my homework."

Kelly laughed, "Ha, you said dodo,"

***

The one day I want to leave this dreaded school, I can't open this stupid ass locker.

Everyone was already out of the building either waling to the student parking lot or to the buses and here I was in the empty hallway trying to open my locker.

I felt my phone buzz in my jeans back pocket, probably Kelly telling me to hurry up.

I did my combination again: 13, 34, 2, 20,

It still wouldn't budge.

"Fuck you," I huffed, hitting the metal thing (it actually hurts like hell but I'm not telling no one that).

"You know, I've never heard you cuss one time in your life," a voice came from behind me.

A voice that I could finally match the owner to.

Milo.