1. He is pretty

Shubman's pov

I was chilling at the bar with my team as we were celebrating a win, when someone suddenly tripped on their own feet and spilled a drink on me. I looked up angrily to find it was a waiter, he looked frightened and instantly started apologizing.
"Im sorry, I'm so sorry sir. I didn't mean to- I mean it was an accident. I'm sorr-"
"It's fine."
I said not wanting to ruin my happy mood over such a small matter.

"Let me help you clean it up."
He started wiping my shirt with tissues, which didn't help at all because he had spilled red wine over my white shirt. I didn't mind though it's not the first of my white shirts that had been stained red. I firmly held his wrists stopping him from trying to wipe it down to no avail and looked him straight in the eyes. As we made eye contact I couldn't help but notice how beautiful his eyes were, as I started looking at his face, I concluded it wasn't just his eyes, he was pretty.

He was looking at me with guilt and fear in his eyes and was about to open his mouth probably to apologize again, when I cut him off,
"It's okay."
I had let go of his wrists and he apologized once again before leaving.
I thought that that was the last I'd see of him, when he came back with a broom and started picking up the shattered glass from the floor.

I was about to interrupt but then decided against it and started watching him, more like his ass, as he picked up the pieces of glass. I saw him almost get hurt by a shard of glass and I had impulsively said,
"Be careful."
before I could stop myself.
He looked startled at that because he wasn't expecting me to be watching him, let alone speaking to him or asking him to be careful.

As he had gotten scared he had accidentally cut himself with a piece of the glass. I shook my head, so much for telling him to be careful. I should've just kept my mouth shut. I kneeled down in front of him and took his hand, to look at his wound, which was bleeding, but he just pulled his hand from my grasp and muttered another quick sorry before picking up the last piece of glass and scurrying away.

I watched his retreating figure as I got up from the floor and sat back in my seat. My attention went back to the team as I saw them being absolutely wild and crazy. After a while, I heard a commotion near the counter of the bar. The team was already too drunk to grasp what was happening in their surroundings, which was honestly a dumb move on their part, considering our job, we always had to remain alert.

I peeked from behind someone's head, I think it was Rishabh, to watch the unfolding drama. It was the same waiter from before and it looked like he was getting berated. I went a little closer to overhear the conversation and I could only catch a couple words, which included 'incompetent', 'useless' and 'fired'. I saw the waiter running away with tears in his eyes.

I followed him outside the bar and saw him sitting on the stairs of the bar crying his eyes out. I just sat next to him, not knowing what to say or how to comfort him in this situation. He sensed my presence as he looked up and was surprised to see me, his eyes widened and then he frowned,
"Are you here to yell at me aswell?"
"No."
"Then why are you here?"
"I don't know."

And I honestly didn't know, what was I doing here? I should probably get back to my team before they cause trouble....
I sat there unmoving as the both of us looked at each other. He still had tears streaming down his face.
"What happened?"
"I got fired."
"Why?"
"Well because like he said, I'm useless, I don't know how to do a single thing correctly."

He continued ranting.
"I don't even know what I'm gonna do now, I have no where else to go. I used to live here in one of the empty rooms in the bar. I don't even know why I'm telling you all of this."
"Did you get fired because of this?"
I asked him pointing towards the red stain on my shirt.
"Yeah, it's not the first time I've done that."
I just chuckled at that, the dude was clumsy but he was cute.

"Don't. laugh."
"I'm sorry."
I said raising my arms up in the air surrendering.
"Do you have no where else to go?"
"No."
"What about your parents?"
"They passed away when I was 5."
"I'm sorry.... you can come with me for tonight if you like?"
"Uhhh I'm not so sure about that..what if you turn out to be a serial killer?"

"Even if I did, I promise I wouldn't kill you gorgeous."
I said giving him a wink.
He blushed at that and raised his hand for a handshake.
"I'm Ishan Kishan."
What a pretty name for a pretty person.
"I'm Shubman Gill."
As we shook hands, neither of us letting go of the other's hand, I felt a warmth settling in my chest. It felt good. His hand in mine.

"So what do you say about my offer?"
I asked now really hoping he would say yes.
"It's not like I have anywhere else to go."
He said shrugging.
I gave him a huge grin and told him to wait there for a few minutes as I went back inside the bar to check up on my teammates. I looked around to see Rohit bhai a little more sober and alert in my absence and as he spotted me he asked me about my whereabouts.

"I'm going home bhaiya. Are you sober enough to handle these idiots?"
"Even if I hadn't touched a drop of alcohol I don't think I could be sober enough to handle all of them alone."
I just nodded at that in understanding, only the both of us knew how we handled them on a daily basis.
"Are you seriously leaving me with them?"
"Yes."

"Have you no shame?"
"Nope."
I said with an evil smile on my face before picking up a glass of water and throwing it on Virat bhaiya's face. Could I get killed for it? Most probably yeah, but did I care? No right now, definitely not. As Virat bhai sobered up a little and looked around a little furiously trying to spot who did it. I just looked at Rohit bhai and said,
"He'll help you, he's sober now."

Saying that I turned around and left. I could hear the both of them arguing in the back, while Virat bhai accused Rohit bhai or throwing the water on his face. I just chuckled knowing very well, I had probably just made the situation worse because a sober Virat bhai was a lot harder to handle than a drunk one. I walked outside the bar finding Ishan sitting at the stairs hugging his knees close to his body, looking all cute and tiny.

"Let's go."
I grabbed his wrist and took him to my car and drove the both of us to my house.

________________________________________

Downfall ke hisaab se not too bad ig
Also very spontaneous decision to post this suddenly.