[ 019 ] flight of the bumblebee.

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER NINETEEN !

            SOFT SNORES OF EXHAUSTION from the gaggle of girls haphazardly laying about the cabins main room floor, filled the air

SOFT SNORES OF EXHAUSTION from the gaggle of girls haphazardly laying about the cabins main room floor, filled the air. Their limbs were tangled upon amongst their sleeping supplies, some with blankets thrown over their faces while others had shuffled off their pillows during the night and had been laying flat on the floorboards.

            A contemplative Laura Lee stood by the window, staring out at the morning sun as it peaked in and lit up the room, the glow cascading along the closed eyes of the girls upon the ground. Her mind was run wild with choices, her heart racing with anticipation for what she was about to embark on. After breathing in deep and slowly allowing the air to brush past her lips, Laura Lee turned on her heel and headed to stand next to the table that was placed at the back of the cabin.

            "I have an announcement." She proclaimed to the room. When her voice did little to rouse the girls from their slumber, the blonde sighed and grabbed hold of a metal ladle that sat on a bench beside her and began to bang it aggressively. "Hello! Everybody, excuse me!"

            The sound of metal clunking loudly harassed the groups eardrums, forcing them all to peel open their eyes and groggily clamber free from their blankets. Each of them stared up at the blonde with bleary eyes as they slowly sat up.

            "What the fuck?" Stevie quickly muttered to herself as she carded her fingers through her messy, tatted hair.

            An eager though somewhat nervous smile tugged at the corners of Laura Lee's lips as she looked down at the group. "Thank you. In light of the expedition ending as it did, I have decided that I'm going to take the dead guys plane and fly south. I'm gonna find us help and I'm going to get us out of here."

            Lottie stared up at the blonde with a perplexed expression painted across her face. "You're gonna fly?" Her brows furrowed as she questioned her friend.

"But y-you don't know how." Natalie piped up from her place amongst the mess of blankets sprawled across the floor. As she said this, Shauna and Taissa appeared at the doorway that led to the attic.

Laura Lee was quick to reply, "I've been studying the flight manual for weeks. And I checked the gas tank, it's full." She confidently stated with a nod of affirmation. "I use to watch my grandpa fly. He even let me steer a few times. I know that I can do this."

Sensing that she might need to convince them further, Laura Lee gestured towards the passed out redhead that still lay upon the table in front of the fire. "You can deny that Van needs serious medical attention."