Chapter 18

(he runs fast) i think as i look at him run off.
some time later...
Look, are these the herbs you want? he asks
This is a cowry shell herb. It clears the heat and stops the cough. it's one of the herbs i need, i say.
We exchanged food and so the day goes on. We now have many herbs I can use to heal.
I should have known that there were no crystals to find her. It looks more like a small fair. Shuang yun, do you know a place where we can get crystals?
We could tribe with a black river horse tribe. They might have crystals, he says.
oke let's do that i say do we go to the witch doctor or the chief?
the witch doctor shuang yun says he probably has the crystal and will see more in the pants.
oke i say and with that the day ended the next day i put the old doctor in charge and we make our way to the black river horse tribe.

we come there and we make our way to the witch doctor we knock and he opens the door.
witch doctor, name: meng li

shuang yun what do you want from me again, mang li asks
i won't let the horse tribe be utilized by you again he says
please don't be so hostile shuang yun says, it's better to have another ally instead of having another enemy right dr.lang zhu told me so before shuang yun says (the old doctor is really wise) i think to myself.
I think we could be allies with Shuang Yun continuously.
lang zhu? meng li asks
that old doctor must have died not reconciled he says
he's not dead just retired shuang yun says
So do you have a new witch doctor now? meng li asks
yes and the new witch doctor is amazing shuang yun says this makes me feel proud as i smile.
but that is not the matter we are to discuss now.We wish to exchange items shuang Yun says.
what do you have for exchange?, meng li asks
My female friend wants to exchange fruits and vegetables for herbs and gems, Shuang Yun says. ordinary beasts wont have such things so we can to you.
your female? he asks
that would be me i say stepping out, it's a pleasure to meet you dr.meng li i say with a small bow.
He looks surprised, probably by my politeness.
i can't believe you have a female i thought you would follow the path of the old doctor, meng li says.
it's because i did not find a female i truly liked, i guess you can't feel love all your life, shuang yun says.
Now, boys , let's not get childish here. Now I say as I look at them, we are here to exchange so will you give herbs or gems? I ask the doctor.
i won't exchange herbs, if you really have good fruits and vegetables, i can give you gems he says.
well we can only test that by you trying it right i say and hand him a vegetable.
He tastes it and his eyes light up and I can hear him think:these vegetables are so good.
This vegetable is our special product,and we can grow more vegetables soon, so if you sign a trading contract it can happen, I say. I'm sure you wild horses will like it a lot.
it is good, meng li says.
two gems are enough for all the vegetables that you have with you.
Of course , when I receive the gems I walk over to our vegetables that are labeled and give them to meng li and say: they are labeled so it should be easy to make a difference in them and this way you will know what you like more than the other and request them specifically when we trade again.
you say when we trade again are you that confident meng li says
I smirk, we will see, I say.
(shuang yun's female has a good personality) meng li thinks
you should leave if you don't have any other business here, wolves are not welcome here, meng li says.
I nod and say we will take our leave but I then stop and turn to him again and ask: have you found ma qing yet?
he's too creative, we do not have his whereabouts after he fled from the black river tribe he says.
(what a pity i was hoping to kill him) i think.
well then we will also become crafty i say, why not make wanted posters?
Want posters? shuang yun asks
ah yes, anyone who catches ma qing gets a reward or they can give information about where he is i say.
that's a good idea how do we make it, bai di asks
I will make some, may I have a hide and a fluid that leaves a trace? I asked meng li.
We have animal blood that I use, he says.
perfect i say, would you please let me use it?
(what will she do) meng li thinks.
he gives me the blood and i take two hides and start to draw on one when i am done i take the other hide and press it one the first one to make two of the same pictures:

two portraits are formed of a time! Meng Li said, shocked ( even those honorable females in the middle-ranked city don't know this!,how come this female has such good magic!) Meng Li thought

use this method and make rubbings. tens of portraits can be made in a short time, i explain.
(little miko knows how to read,draw and grow vegetables...) bai di thought.
(she really knows a lot) shuang yun thought.
it's the first time i worry that i'm not good enough for her shuang yun whispers
we should improve our beast soul levels to avoid being left behind by little miko in the future, bai di said back to shuang yun.
Then they suddenly hear something in their head.
don't you guys remember I am your familiar and our soul binding contract? I can never leave you and I don't want to, I say to them through their thoughts.

They seem happy and embarrassed.
Now here I say as I hand Shuang Yun ten of the portraits and say: I am a bit rusty since it has been a while since I have drawn but they are not too bad.
no one can draw better than you! Shuang Yun says.

can... can you teach our children, can you teach them how to draw and write? Shuang Yun asks.
eh? i ask
(what?!) a shocked meng li thought.
ah. Shuang Yun says, realizing what he asked.
(usually beasts will take such precious knowledge as the most important secret!) they thought.
miko im sorry, i should not... shuang yun began.
Of course I will do that, I say to a shocked Shuang yun.
I can have my children not know and I think I will teach the tribe too, oh I could make a school I say.
miko you don't need to force yourself. These are important skills after all, both bai di and shuang yun say.
They are important, that is why I will teach them that my family and tribe can not be stupid i say.
(she really made so many portraits easily and they are exactly the same!,she even said she would pass such magic skills to others!, so horrible! is this the hidden power of the rock wolf tribe?) meng li thought.
Is this man's portrait? it looks quite like him, a new voice asks.

chief, you are back! meng li says name bu ke, chief of the wild horse tribe!Shuang yun what do you come here for again? You rock wolves are so annoying! bu ke saysI took my female friend here to exchange vegetables for goods, Shuang Yun says

name bu ke, chief of the wild horse tribe!
Shuang yun what do you come here for again? You rock wolves are so annoying! bu ke says
I took my female friend here to exchange vegetables for goods, Shuang Yun says.
your mate? bu ke asks
I step forward, nice to meet you, I say with a little bow.
(he has such a beautiful and lovely mate! I am also a chef, but I am still single!) bu ke thinks.
Meng Li then wipes something to the chief and the chief then turns to us.
Meng Li said you're selling good vegetables and fruits. i plan to buy some, but ke says.
of course, if you have any specific one you want please be sure to say, i hoop our trade is good in the future, i say
of course bu ke says
then we really must be off now as we should go home i say.
We bid our goodbyes and when out of sight I transformed into my beast form and I walked with my mates back home.

while they were on their way back something was happening in the rock mountain.
Winged beastmen are settling in and some young children are planning to go at night and eat some of the made fruits and vegetables.