Arc 2, Chapter 49: A New Dawn.

Dawn is upon us.

———

The house was still. Most of those inside were still asleep. The light of the sun crept through the slits in the blinds. Birds out of the window singing a morning song to the world as it awoke.

The soft snores of the girl next to Taco is what helped distract the 16 year old girl from the pain. Horrid vivid memories shifted to one's worth reminiscing. Taco was scared the feelings she felt for Microphone were... Not right.

That Microphone deserved better.

That she had wronged her before... and knew it.

Taco wanted to make things better, but she still hadn't gotten a point of reference, or even remotely knew what Microphone thought of her. Enemies? Acquaintances? Friends?

...

Crush...?

Taco blushed lightly at the thought. Microphone nearly died for Taco. Microphone risked everything to protect her, even if revival was possible for Microphone. She could've been captured... Tortured... Or worse. She chose to come back. Taco didn't know how to repay her...

Taco placed her head on Mic's chest.

She placed her rabbit back in her shell and then huddled up in the blanket, and closer to Microphone.

Pickle laid awake. Knife's head was on his shoulder as slept, trying to forget the pain of the several wounds in his side. He stared up at the motionless Fan on the ceiling. If they wanted more cover they should probably move while the sun still hasn't risen to its peak. He laid Knife down, and then walked towards the room with a door covered in stickers at the end of the hall.

He opened the door and peaked inside. And looked around at the room within. The colourful wallpaper and the toys that littered the room were a sight to see. It told the tales of happier days, simpler ones. He totally expected Taco's old room to look like a teen's gone emo. But not this...

"Hello...?" Pickle muttered, as he leaned against the doorframe.

"Wh—...what do you wan-t...?" Taco hissed quietly from the bed, as to not wake up Microphone. Who was still sound asleep.

"I just thought we should leave while it's still early." Pickle huffed as his gaze landed on the floor.

Taco remained silent for a moment, not really ready to go. Let alone have to wake up Microphone... "H-How...How ab-bout we wait a f—few more moments...?" She replied quietly.

Pickle didn't really want to start an argument, so he nodded and was about to turn away, but clutched the doorframe the tighter as he was about to leave. He then turned back. "Why...?" He asked.

"E-e...Excuse you...?" Taco whispered towards the boy in the doorway.

"Why did you do it...? Betray me..., Cheat, why did you do it...?! Please I—... I just need the closure..." Pickle begged in a desperate tone. His mind not letting this topic rest.

Taco remained silent, before faxing into the shadows and gazing onto the ground in front of Pickle. "Yo-you want to know s-so badly...?" Taco looked to the side with a serious, but somber look.

Pickle listened silently.

"Years ago, this house was lively. A family so loving with a bond stronger than anything resided here. But soon, disaster struck, and the parents of the child that lived here were murdered. The police, having little to know leads or evidence of who did such a crime soon let the case run cold. It is unsolved, and uncared for due to the lack of money the couple had. The child wanted nothing more than to find the one who had caused this to happen. And, saw opportunity in a game show. She tried everything in her power to win. She'd get the recognition to be adopted, and the money to pay for a private detective. One that could put an end to her internalized suffering due to the lack of closer. She could finally be at peace..."
"B—But that... Th-that didn't happen... N-now did it? Heh..." Taco said in a solemn voice, nearly to tears.